Chapter 1455: Her Highness the Princess (1)

At that moment, Tang Guo was sitting inside her sedan chair. Her personal maid, Juanzhu, lifted a corner of the curtain just enough for her to see the handsome young man outside, surrounded by admirers and speaking eloquently.

“Your Highness, the one reciting poetry over there is this year's newly crowned top scholar.”

“Not only is Scholar Lรผ talented in painting, but he's also gifted in poetry. Quite a few talented scholars have come to the capital just to meet this newly risen literary genius,” Juanzhu whispered into Tang Guo's ear. “Your Highness, what do you think of him?”

Tang Guo cast another glance outside. This so-called top scholar, Lรผ Qing, was indeed handsome. Judging from his voice, he seemed to possess genuine learning as well.

Anyone capable of obtaining first place in the imperial examination certainly couldn't be mediocre. He undoubtedly had some ability.

Besides her sedan chair, many noble ladies and talented young women from the capital had gathered to catch a glimpse of the new top scholar.

The customs of Northern Xia were relatively open, and there was no tradition forbidding women from appearing in public.

However, she was the Princess of Northern Xia. No matter how attractive the top scholar was, she had to maintain her dignity and couldn't simply step out of the sedan chair to meet him.

Unaware that the person inside had long since changed, Juanzhu continued tirelessly praising Lรผ Qing. Her eyes sparkled as she spoke. If she weren't serving by Tang Guo's side, she would probably have rushed over already, shouting her admiration for Lรผ Qing alongside the other women.

“Your Highness, do you think Scholar Lรผ would make a suitable Prince Consort?” After exhausting every compliment she could think of, Juanzhu finally remembered the purpose of their trip.

The new top scholar possessed both talent and appearance, while the most honored princess of Northern Xia had reached the age of marriage.

Naturally, Tang Guo had come to see what kind of man this top scholar was. If she liked him and found that he was not yet married, he could be summoned as the imperial prince consort.

In Juanzhu's eyes, Lรผ Qing was excellent.

But she couldn't figure out Tang Guo's thoughts. In truth, she wished the princess would agree immediately. As the princess's personal maid, she would naturally be the one responsible for the customary trial marriage arrangements in the future.

Tang Guo noticed the thoughts running through Juanzhu's mind, and a smile curved her lips.

If she chose a man herself, no one would dare use her maid to test him before marriage. If anyone tried, she would break his legs.

“Let's observe him a little longer.”

Hearing Tang Guo's indifferent tone, Juanzhu's enthusiasm diminished somewhat. It seemed that Her Highness wasn't particularly impressed with the top scholar after all. Feeling disappointed, she dared not speak further.

Tang Guo lowered the curtain.

By chance, she noticed Lรผ Qing looking in the direction of her sedan chair.

When she lowered the curtain, he seemed disappointed.

Soon afterward, she heard his voice reciting poetry grow louder.

Host, he's trying to attract your attention.

“Let me receive the memories first. Looking at him, I don't think he's a good person. Let's see what unpleasant things happened between him and the original host. Any grudges can wait.”

The System quieted down.

While Tang Guo received the memories, he directly blocked out Lรผ Qing's voice.

Looking at that Lรผ Qing, he also felt that the fellow wasn't anything good.

After a quarter of an hour, Tang Guo finished absorbing all the memories.

She gently lifted a corner of the curtain again.

Noticing her movement, Lรผ Qing immediately straightened his posture and recited a love poem, causing the women around him to scream with excitement.



✦ Translator's Note ๐ŸŽ‚

Okay, completely unrelated to the chapter, but...

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅณ

So apparently, I have officially joined the late-twenties auntie club. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I was holding onto my early twenties for dear life, and I was honestly hoping I could remain exactly mid-twenties forever, but alas...

Time has betrayed me. ๐Ÿ˜”

Anyway, yay, I guess?? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Just wanted to pop in and say that it's my birthday today, and I'm spending part of it translating this ridiculous novel—the MC is absolutely cray-cray, I love her, and maybe some of you have met her before. ๐Ÿ‘€

It's Shi Sheng from another QT novel that, unfortunately, hasn't seen an update in a while. ๐Ÿ™ˆ

So I guess I'm spending my birthday doing what I apparently enjoy most: translating chaotic women and bringing Guoguo to you guys. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Honestly, there are worse ways to celebrate.

Here's to another year of reading, translating, overanalyzing fictional characters, and screaming at Tang Guo's various incarnations (for now). ๐Ÿ˜‚

Anyway, that's it. No profound birthday wisdom. Just...

Happy birthday to me! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’•

—Cy

Comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ŸŒธ

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father