Chapter 952: Calculating Scholar 7

Watching her hurriedly put her socks back on, Ye Qingtong simply stared at her flushed cheeks and said, “If you leave your feet like that, they’ll get infected. Why not apply some herbs first? I can carry you down the mountain.”

Hearing this, Tang Wan quickly shook her head. “How could I trouble you like that? I can still walk.”

With that, she lowered her head to pick up her shoes. But after searching around the area, she only found one embroidered shoe.

Tang Wan froze.

“My… my shoe is missing one,” she said anxiously, her brows knitting together.

How was she supposed to get down the mountain without shoes? She clearly remembered placing them by the rock.

Hearing her words, Ye Qingtong also looked around as if helping her search. After glancing around a few times, he widened his eyes slightly and said, “I don’t see it. Could it have accidentally fallen down the slope?”

At that, Tang Wan’s mouth fell open slightly. “Ah? Then what should I do?” Her voice trembled, looking as though she might burst into tears at any moment.

Seeing this, Ye Qingtong immediately spoke in a reassuring tone, “Don’t worry, I’m here. I’ll carry you down the mountain.”

Tang Wan bit her lower lip lightly, hesitated for a moment, then nodded. “Alright… then I’ll have to trouble you.”

“You’re welcome. By the way, I haven’t asked your name yet,” Ye Qingtong said.

“My name is Tang Wan. I’m from Tang Village,” she replied quickly.

Ye Qingtong narrowed his eyes slightly before breaking into a simple smile. “My name is Ye Qingtong. I’m from Ye Village next to yours. Don’t worry, I’ll definitely get you home safely.”

“Thank you… If I hadn’t met you today, I don’t know what might have happened,” Tang Wan said gratefully.

“This must be fate,” Ye Qingtong replied with a smile.

His gaze then shifted to her medicine basket, and he stepped forward to pick it up.

“Come on, climb onto my back first. I’ll carry you steadily,” he said.

“Okay.” Tang Wan nodded and moved to climb onto his back.

But at this moment, Ye Qingtong found it inconvenient to carry both the medicine basket and her at the same time.

He paused briefly before saying, “This won’t do. How about I carry the basket and hold you instead? If I trip over the basket while carrying you on my back, it could be dangerous.”

This had been his plan ever since he kicked away her embroidered shoe.

Tang Wan’s face flushed at his suggestion. “This… isn’t that inappropriate?”

“What’s inappropriate about it? This is an urgent situation,” Ye Qingtong said gently. “You’ve lost your shoe, and your feet are already blistered. If I don’t carry you down, are you planning to spend the night in the mountains? Don’t worry, hardly anyone comes up here. Once I take you down, I can help you walk the rest of the way. What do you think?”

Tang Wan hesitated, looking like a little rabbit caught in a trap, then nodded softly. “Alright… I’ll trouble you.”

“We’re all neighbors. There’s no need to be so polite,” Ye Qingtong said with a grin.

He deftly slung the two baskets over his shoulders and secured their straps together with a length of straw rope.

Then, on the surface appearing perfectly proper, he extended a hand toward Tang Wan. “Come, I’ll carry you down.”

Tang Wan nodded shyly and reached out her hand toward him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1