Chapter 951: Calculating Scholar 6

“Don’t be afraid, it’s dead. It won’t bite you,” Ye Qingtong said quickly when he saw how frightened she was. His voice unconsciously softened.

“Really?” Tang Wan asked weakly.

“Of course. I already cut off its head,” Ye Qingtong replied at once.

But the hand holding her tightened slightly without him realizing it.

Hearing this, Tang Wan cautiously turned her head and glanced at the snake nailed to the tree. After confirming that it truly had no head, she finally let out a long breath of relief.

Then she looked back at Ye Qingtong.

“Ah! I’m sorry… I… I was just too scared. I didn’t mean to throw myself at you!” Tang Wan stammered, her face flushed.

She quickly tried to climb down from him.

But Ye Qingtong didn’t immediately let her go.

Seeing this, Tang Wan stiffened slightly and looked at his rugged face. “C-can you put me down…?”

Only then did Ye Qingtong realize that his actions might have been too abrupt.

He quickly placed her back onto the rock and explained, “Don’t misunderstand. I saw you weren’t wearing shoes, and I was afraid you might accidentally step on the snake’s head. If you stepped on its fangs, it could be fatal.”

The moment he said this, Tang Wan immediately wrapped her arms around his neck again.

Ye Qingtong froze for a second, then couldn’t help but smile to himself.

He reached out and gently patted her back. “Don’t worry. Just sit on the rock and keep your feet off the ground.”

“O-okay!” Tang Wan nodded quickly.

Only then did Ye Qingtong carefully set her down on the stone.

At this time, Ye Qingtong scanned the ground and soon spotted the severed snake head.

However, he didn’t immediately point it out to her.

Instead, his gaze flicked briefly to the shoes she had tossed aside… and to her delicate, fair feet.

The next moment, something stirred in his mind.

He suddenly raised his voice slightly. “Found it!”

Hearing this, Tang Wan instinctively followed the direction of his hand and looked down. Seeing the snake head, she let out another relieved breath.

What she didn’t notice was that, at the exact moment she lowered her head, Ye Qingtong casually kicked one of her embroidered shoes.

In an instant, the shoe disappeared into the bushes down the slope, completely out of sight.

As if nothing had happened, Ye Qingtong walked over to the snake’s head. Using his hatchet, he dug a small hole and buried it to prevent anyone from accidentally stepping on the venomous remains.

After finishing, he looked back at Tang Wan. “Alright. No one will step on it now.”

“Mm.” Tang Wan nodded, her expression finally relaxing.

At that moment, Ye Qingtong’s gaze fell on her feet again.

“Did you hurt your feet?” he asked deliberately.

When he had first seen her, she had been removing her shoes and socks. If not for an injury, no one would do that in the mountains.

Hearing this, Tang Wan nodded with slight embarrassment. “Yes… I walked a bit too far today and ended up rubbing my feet raw.”

As she spoke, she quickly picked up her socks and put them back on.

After all, in ancient times, if a woman’s feet were seen by a man, it was practically equivalent to losing her innocence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father