Chapter 901: Ruler of Esports 15

 When Fan Tong brought up her academic performance, Tang Wan immediately showed a slightly troubled expression. “My grades are still far from Jinda,” she admitted, her tone a little discouraged. “But I’ll work hard. If I can’t make it… I’ll just repeat the year.”

The moment those words fell, Fan Tong was startled. Then he quickly reassured her, “You’ll pass.”

After a brief pause, he added, “By the way, are you in liberal arts or science? I’m a science student. If you don’t mind… I could help tutor you.”

Inwardly, he was already thinking—this way, we can spend more time together.

This was exactly what Tang Wan had been aiming for. Hearing his suggestion, she hesitated deliberately before replying, “I’d really appreciate it, but… won’t it affect your training?”

“Not at all,” Fan Tong said immediately. “I can set aside an hour every day to tutor you online. It won’t interfere with anything.”

Tang Wan’s expression brightened instantly. “Then thank you!”

“You don’t need to be polite,” he replied with a relaxed smile. “Who knows—maybe our TG Team will have two top students in the future.”

Tang Wan smiled and nodded. “Mm.”

By the time it was past five in the afternoon, Fan Tong had no reason left to keep her any longer.

“It’s getting late,” he said. “Should I walk you back?”

“Sorry to trouble you,” Tang Wan replied.

“What trouble?” he said lightly, shaking his head.

The two of them took the bus together and arrived at the entrance of her residential community. As they stopped, Fan Tong asked casually, “Are you still streaming tonight?”

“Mm.” Tang Wan nodded. Her voice lowered slightly. “My mom’s health isn’t very good. I want to earn some money through streaming to ease the burden at home.”

Hearing this, Fan Tong paused.

Then he said seriously, “Alright. Call me when you stream tonight. If you run into any difficulties, just tell me. Your salary… we can arrange it in advance.”

Strictly speaking, team salaries couldn’t be advanced.

But for her, he was willing to make an exception.

Tang Wan’s eyes lit up. “Really?”

“Of course,” he said without hesitation. “I’ll talk to the manager when I get back and advance you a year’s salary. How about that?”

“Half a year is enough,” Tang Wan replied quickly. “My mom has been working very hard to save for my tuition this year. I’m afraid she’s exhausted herself. With half a year’s salary, she can at least reduce her workload.”

Hearing this, Fan Tong’s impression of her deepened even further.

As expected of the girl I liked at first sight… so sensible, so thoughtful.

“One year,” he insisted deliberately. “If I pay you in advance, you won’t be tempted by other teams.”

Tang Wan looked at him with even more gratitude. “Thank you.”

“What are you thanking me for?” Fan Tong smiled faintly, his expression gentle in a way he rarely showed.

At that moment, Mother Tang arrived at the entrance of the community.

Knowing her daughter had a day off, she had deliberately left work early to cook for her. But as soon as she approached the gate, she saw Tang Wan standing with a tall young man, chatting.

Her heart tightened instantly.

She quickened her pace and walked over.

“Wan Wan… who is this?” she asked, looking at Fan Tong.

Seeing his handsome appearance and composed demeanor, she couldn’t help but feel a slight sense of approval—but also caution.

Tang Wan hadn’t expected her mother to return so early. She quickly introduced him, “Mom, this is Fan Tong, captain of a professional team for Honor of Kings.”

Although Mother Tang didn’t play the game, she knew how popular it was. She had even heard from neighbors that someone from the Lin family—Lin Haiyang—had been recruited by a professional team and could earn tens of thousands a month.

But that only made her more puzzled.

Why… was someone like this looking for her daughter?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1