Chapter 887: Ruler of Esports 1

Tang Wan had already arrived in her next mission world. When she opened her eyes, she found herself holding a phone, the screen dimmed as her character lay dead. A resurrection countdown ticked at the top, while the team chat on the side was filled with relentless insults.

“Who let you pick mage like that?”
“Report Zhuge Liang!”
“If you don’t know how to play, why queue ranked?”
“Are you an elementary school kid? Go do your homework!”

The abuse came wave after wave.

Tang Wan’s eyes turned cold. What she hated most when playing on Starnet was being flamed while unable to respond. Yet this time, she didn’t rush to receive the plot. Instead, she glanced at the glaring 0–7–0 score and let out a soft scoff.

“Impressive.”

Without hesitation, she quickly skimmed through Zhuge Liang’s skill set while asking Little Cutie to pull up the optimal build. Her fingers moved swiftly before she typed into the chat:

“Wait a moment. I’ll make you kneel and call me Dad.”

The moment she hit send, her hero revived.

Tang Wan immediately guided her character out of the base. As soon as she moved, both teammates and enemies burst into laughter.

“Hahaha! With that record, you still dare talk big?”
“I’ve never seen someone this shameless!”
“Let her come out—I’ll kill her under tower again!”

Ignoring every word, Tang Wan didn’t head straight to lane. Instead, she slipped into the jungle and calmly cleared a wave of monsters, boosting her gold. Only after that did she return mid, steadily farming minions.

Wave after wave, her economy climbed. Soon, she had enough to complete two core items.

Only then did she rotate to the bottom lane.

By the time she arrived, her teammate was already low on health, on the verge of being taken down. Tang Wan’s expression remained calm as her fingers flew across the screen. She chained two displacements with her second skill, instantly repositioning, then triggered her passive through her first skill.

In an instant, six radiant orbs materialized around her.

Anyone familiar with Zhuge Liang knew what that meant.

The orbs shot out in rapid succession, shredding the enemy marksman and support’s health bars. Before they could react, Tang Wan calmly activated her ultimate.

Zhuge Liang’s ultimate was merciless—once locked onto a low-health target, escape was nearly impossible unless someone intervened or used damage-negating equipment like a “Famous Sword.”

Neither of them had that luxury.

Two clean executions.

A double kill notification flashed across the screen.

For a moment, both teams fell silent. Then the chat erupted again.

“Heh, kill-stealer! Those were mine!”
“You think grabbing two heads makes you good?”

Tang Wan didn’t even spare them a glance.

She cleared another wave in the side lane, then moved into the jungle to secure the blue buff before returning mid. Slipping into the grass, she waited patiently.

Moments later, the enemy tank and mage walked past.

Tang Wan struck instantly.

Passive triggered—displacement activated—burst damage unleashed.

The enemy mage was eliminated before they could even react.

“…Did you switch players?” the opposing mage typed.

At the same time, another kill notification sounded—her team’s tank had fallen elsewhere.

Her teammates finally responded.

“!!!”

Seven minutes in, Tang Wan’s build was complete.

When the next team fight broke out, her movements became fluid and untouchable. She weaved through the battlefield with precise positioning, chaining skills seamlessly without a single pause. One by one, enemies fell beneath her attacks.

Five kills.

A clean wipe.

Both teams were stunned.

Then, almost instantly, the tone in chat flipped.

“Dad! Please carry us!”
“Dad, we were wrong! Take us to victory!”
“I thought you were bronze… didn’t expect a king!”


Translator's Note:

General disclaimer: This arc has a bunch of gaming usernames and locations and skills and blah blah... I do NOT game, or at least don't play these sort of games so I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE or understanding of these kinda stuff. I am very sorry if some terms aren't right or are inconsistent. There are some places where the usernames are also maybe inconsistent (like sometimes its in English and somtimes its the Chinese term written in Englih or an alternate term, although, again it is at a decent enough level that you will understand who is who (I have read through this novel throught this very TL as I've mentioned before), so read without fear but there WILL be inconsistencies and I am sorry🙈

—Cy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father