Chapter 1814: Unlucky Heiress (82)
“In the dream, something happened when I attended the wedding. It wasn't anything good.”
Hearing this, Tao Yu frowned slightly. He had originally been about to start the car, but stopped.
“If it's not something good, then why are you still going?”
“Xiaoguo, tell me, what happened in the dream? What exactly happened?” Tao Yu asked immediately afterward. He had a feeling that Tang Guo was being too serious for it to simply be a dream.
Whether it was truly a dream or not, if it involved something bad, there was no way he would let her go alone so easily.
Yet seeing that she seemed determined to go no matter what, Tao Yu could only feel helpless. At the very least, he needed to understand what she had dreamed and why she insisted on going.
And if she absolutely refused to let him accompany her openly, then he'd simply follow her in secret.
“Big Brother Tao, are you thinking that if I don't allow you to go, you'll secretly follow me anyway?” Tang Guo asked with a smile.
Having been seen through, Tao Yu wasn't embarrassed in the slightest. Instead, he nodded seriously.
“Now that you've said this, I'm even more worried. Xiaoguo, even if you get angry at me this time, I'll still secretly follow you.”
“I'm very satisfied with your attitude, Big Brother Tao.” Tang Guo's lips curved slightly upward. “If I were afraid of you following me, I wouldn't have told you about this. I could've easily made up some excuse, and you wouldn't have had any reason to come along. Since I told you, I obviously don't mind you secretly following me.”
Tao Yu finally understood.
He could go, but not openly.
In other words, he could pretend not to know her and quietly follow behind?
But what exactly was she planning?
“Xiaoguo, you still haven't told me what happens in the dream.”
Tang Guo gazed out at the towering buildings in the distance and the pedestrians moving along the streets. Her voice remained perfectly calm.
“That dream was a tragedy. If it turns out to be false, then so be it. But if it's real, then by not going, I might avoid my own tragedy, but I won't be able to prevent the tragedies of two other people. So I have to go.”
“I understand.” Tao Yu nodded. “Then let me secretly follow you, alright?”
He didn't ask what happened in the dream anymore.
Since she allowed him to follow her, sooner or later he would find out.
“Of course. When did I ever say you weren't allowed?”
“Then shall we go home?”
“Let's go.”
Before starting the car, Tao Yu turned his head and looked at Tang Guo.
“Xiaoguo.”
“Mm?”
“I wonder when I'll finally be able to drive you back to the Tao family instead of the Tang family.”
Tang Guo leaned lazily against the seat, raised her eyelids slightly, and with a faint smile at the corners of her lips, her voice suddenly became sweet and teasing.
“That depends on how hard you work, Big Brother Tao. If you work a little harder, you might just be able to drive me straight home with you.”
“Xiaoguo, I've always been working hard. I've never slacked off since the very beginning, nor have I dared to.” Tao Yu asked earnestly, “Can you tell me where the finish line is?”
Looking at the serious and cautious expression on Tao Yu's face, Tang Guo suddenly felt like teasing him.
“There isn't one.”
The system burst into laughter.
【Hahahahahaha…】
Tao Yu: “…”
Seriously?
No finish line?
Did that mean that even if he spent his entire life trying, he'd never be able to drive her back to the Tao family?
Tao Yu stared blankly at Tang Guo, his pitiful eyes seeming to ask—
This can't be true, right?
The system said:
【Host, quick, look at him. He looks just like a puppy.】
“Xiaoguo…”
Tang Guo smiled and said softly,
“But I can wait for you.”
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ