Chapter 1791: Unlucky Heiress (59)

 "Tang Kui, that edition is out of print. If you want one too, there's nothing I can do." Tao Yu spread his hands. "When there's only one copy of something precious, Xiao Guo always comes first."

"Tao Yu, we're good brothers and good friends, aren't we?" Tang Kui asked with a smile.

Tao Yu answered seriously, "Not even good brothers and good friends can change that." He patted Tang Kui on the shoulder and lowered his voice. "Really, they can't. I can't refuse her. If one day she wanted the stars, I might actually start researching how to get into space."

Tang Kui could tell that Tao Yu meant every word. There wasn't the slightest trace of deceit on his face.

"Tao Yu, you weren't like this before. Back then, you kept women at arm's length. Even if a girl collapsed in front of you, you wouldn't touch her."

"They were all pretending. I could see right through them," Tao Yu said smugly. "Aren't you the same? At least I'd call emergency services for them. You, on the other hand, would simply walk past with complete indifference."

"Then why are you different with my sister?" Tang Kui asked curiously. A person who could catch the eye of a time traveler surely had something extraordinary about him.

At the mention of Tang Guo, Tao Yu's eyes filled with smiles. The tenderness and love in his gaze stirred something in Tang Kui's heart. Perhaps he finally understood. If such sincere affection and such genuine feelings never changed, they truly could warm the weary heart of a time traveler.

"I don't know either. The moment I saw her, I just felt that my life had become complete."

Silence settled between them for five seconds.

Then Tang Kui suddenly burst out laughing. "Guoguo said you're obedient and well-behaved. Tao Yu, if you want to pursue my sister, fine."

"But I really want to see just how obedient and well-behaved you are. Show your future brother-in-law a performance. If you do well, maybe I won't oppose it."

111: "Host, your fake little sister is going to beat you up."

The gentle expression dripping with tenderness disappeared from Tao Yu's face. He sneered at Tang Kui and said, "I only listen to Xiao Guo."

His voice was loud enough that the Tang couple, who had come out for a stroll, heard him clearly.

The two exchanged glances and quietly hid behind a flowerbed, preparing to eavesdrop.

Tang Kui had already noticed them and deliberately asked, "Tao Yu, what exactly do you listen to Xiao Guo about?"

"Naturally, I only listen to Xiao Guo." Tao Yu looked at him. "Tang Kui, even if you're Xiao Guo's brother, don't think you can take advantage of me. Ever since we were young, we've always been evenly matched. Neither of us can do anything to the other, so stop making trouble. In this world, only Xiao Guo has the right to take advantage of me openly."

Tang Kui smiled broadly. "Got it."

His gaze drifted toward where the Tang couple were hiding. At the same time, Tang Guo came downstairs and walked over to stand beside them.

After a moment of stunned confusion, the couple seemed to realize something.

Now, when they looked at Tao Yu, there was something strange in their expressions.

Naturally, Tao Yu had noticed. His eyes narrowed slightly. Under Tang Kui's gloating gaze, he walked over to Tang Guo and the Tang couple with a smile and greeted them warmly.

As the saying went, one doesn't slap a smiling face. Even if this fellow was coveting their daughter...

"Uncle Tang, while I was searching for books for Xiao Guo, I happened to come across a set of purple clay teapots. I'll bring them over someday for you to try?"

"Purple clay teapots?" Tang Yongbo's eyes immediately lit up. The moment he heard about something precious, he forgot everything else and practically wished to see them right away. "From where? Why not bring them over today?"

Tao Yu smiled. "I was planning to bring them today. I just thought Uncle Tang might be taking Auntie out and wouldn't have time. After all, everyone knows how loving you two are. Every weekend, you might be off traveling together."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1