Chapter 1789: Unlucky Heiress (57)

"Brother, what were you looking at just now?" After dinner, the siblings strolled through the garden to aid digestion.

Tang Kui smiled faintly. "Then what were you looking at, Guoguo?"

"I suddenly realized that the design of our staircase is rather nice. It's beautiful. That's an ancient Western European style, right?"

System: Amazing, my host. To think you managed to drag the conversation all the way to ancient Western European staircases.

111: Amazing indeed. The host's fake little sister must have graduated from the same acting school as the host.

"So Guoguo noticed it too. I was also thinking about the staircase style just now." Tang Kui chuckled. "Looks like your knowledge really covers a broad range."

So just how many times had this fake sister transmigrated? Her understanding of chips and high technology definitely wasn't inferior to his own.

His fake sister was probably an old transmigration veteran.

Still, she really suited his tastes. It had been a long time since he'd met someone he got along with so well.

Over the course of his missions, he had encountered all kinds of miraculous people—transmigrators, rebirths, even souls shattered into fragments.

Not a single one had given him such a sense of familiarity. From the moment they first met, he had already acknowledged this sister. He truly couldn't find anyone else whose way of doing bad things resembled his by seventy percent. Even the way she lied was incredibly similar to his own.

Because of the ancient Western European staircase, the siblings launched into a lively conversation. Walking side by side through the garden, chatting and laughing, they appeared perfectly harmonious.

Meanwhile, inside a room upstairs, Tang Yi secretly watched the cheerful siblings below, her fists clenched tightly.

"What I want isn't much."

"I don't care about the Tang family's possessions, nor do I covet the position of Tang Kui's sister."

"I only want his sincere love. As long as I can have his heart, I can give up everything else."

Drawing the bed curtains closed, Tang Yi bit her lip gently and muttered in a low voice, "Is that possible?"

"Guoguo, you're still young. Don't let yourself be deceived by sweet words from handsome and wealthy men." As they spoke, Tang Kui suddenly steered the topic elsewhere.

It wasn't easy to find a sister he could spoil. Even if there was an old veteran inside her shell, he still wanted to pamper her.

As for Tao Yu, he could get lost to some distant corner. If he wanted to marry his sister, he could wait until the end of time.

Tang Guo raised her eyes. "Brother, who are you talking about? Tao Yu?"

Tang Kui: Don't be so direct. How am I supposed to continue this conversation? Do I have no dignity as an older brother?

"Then don't worry, Brother. Tao Yu is handsome and quite rich, but he never sweet-talks me. Whatever he says, he always follows through with it. Honest boys like him are rare nowadays."

Boy???

That guy was already in his twenties, wasn't he? What kind of boy was he?

What the hell? He had actually seen a doting expression in his fake sister's eyes.

"Brother, are you worried about me? There's no need. He's very obedient. And he only listens to me."

Hearing Tang Guo emphasize it once again, Tang Kui began to sense something different.

This time traveler was unlike the ones he had met before.

How was she different?

For example, people like them who completed countless missions would gradually become numb. Perhaps it was because they had seen too much, experienced too much, lived too long, witnessed countless lives and deaths, rises and falls, betrayals and separations.

Living itself would begin to feel mechanical.

A once passionate heart would slowly cool and become cold and indifferent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1