Chapter 1785: Unlucky Heiress (53)
Tang Yi couldn't figure it out. What exactly had been improper about the post she made?
Left with no choice, she carefully reread the forum's posting guidelines word by word and registered a new account.
Then she reposted the exact same question.
Everything seemed fine during the first few minutes. But as she refreshed the page, she suddenly discovered that the thread had disappeared. Soon after, her new account seemed to have been banned as well.
At that point, a thought crossed Tang Yi's mind. Could it be that the content she posted involved sensitive keywords and wasn't allowed to be discussed on forums? Was that why there was so little information about Tang Technology Corporation online?
She registered another account. This time, without even looking at the keyboard, she randomly hit a few keys and posted them directly.
Only after checking the thread did she realize that the random characters she had typed were: "I'm h ugly."
Replies had already started appearing underneath:
【Miss, just tell us, how ugly are you?】
【Post a picture and let us have a look.】
【This is the first time I've encountered someone so honest online.】
【I'm curious too. Just how ugly are you that you couldn't stand it and even made a post to prove it?】
Half an hour later, the thread still hadn't been deleted, nor had her account been banned. Instead, the random post she had made had been bumped into a towering thread and even recommended on the front page.
The system had been keeping an eye on new developments online and recounted everything Tang Yi had done to Tang Guo.
Tang Guo merely smiled and asked, "Instead of searching around online, she could just ask the family. She could even ask me. Given our current relationship, we wouldn't really refuse her."
【With her pride, she probably won't ask the host. Asking Tang Kui is even more impossible, and she just started university, so she won't ask the Tang couple either. She's thinking of secretly mastering everything and then making a stunning debut.】 The system snorted. 【I'd say she's more like shutting herself up in a room and building carts behind closed doors.】
Tao Yu apparently knew that Tang Guo had begun interning at Tang Technology Corporation.
This gave him even more opportunities.
Tang Kui couldn't possibly come pick Tang Guo up every time. Which meant that during the remaining times, he could conveniently stop by and pick her up himself.
Once or twice wasn't a problem, but after several more times, even Tang Kui noticed something wasn't right.
For example, one day he launched a surprise attack and drove to the school unannounced, only to find Tang Guo standing beside Tao Yu, about to get into his car.
Getting out of his own vehicle, he walked over with a smile.
Tang Guo didn't look surprised at all, but Tao Yu was another matter. At that moment, he nearly jumped and shouted, What the hell? Why did Tang Kui show up right now?
Smiling faintly, Tang Kui said, "Tao Yu, what a coincidence. Looks like you've been rather free lately. Garbage classification has already begun rolling out in many cities across the country. Aren't you planning to secure a few more cities under your control?"
Tao Yu smiled. "I've already handed it over to my people. The plans are finalized. If they can't even manage that, they can get lost."
"Oh, capable, aren't you?" No wonder you have time to abduct my sister. "What are you doing here? Where are you taking Guoguo?"
Without changing expression, Tao Yu replied, "I happened to be passing by. I heard Xiao Guo got accepted as an intern at your company, so I was giving her a ride there."
"Passing by, huh…" Tang Kui narrowed his eyes. "I'm free today, so your convenient stop won't be needed. Move aside, I'll take Xiao Guo to the company."
Just as he finished speaking, his phone rang. After answering, his brows furrowed slightly as he listened.
Tao Yu's ears were sharp, and he accidentally overheard the conversation. Smiling, he said, "Tang Kui, looks like you're busy. Handling urgent matters comes first. I just checked—you need someone to book a plane ticket right now. If you drive over immediately, you'll make it just in time."
"You don't need to worry about Xiao Guo. I'll take her there."
Tang Kui sighed. "Fine, I'll trouble you with it today."
He walked over to Tao Yu and gave his shoulder a firm pat. In a low voice tinged with warning, he said, "As long as it's not a convenient stop every single day."
Tao Yu smiled. "How could that be?"
Not every day—just frequently.
Six days a week.
One day short of every day still counted as frequent.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ