Chapter 1779: Unlucky Heiress (47)
The only unfortunate thing was that she had bad luck and ended up unconscious for over half a month after being struck, causing her to miss the college entrance examination.
But it didn't matter.
She was still alive.
Now that she had awakened and felt quite well, she should recover soon enough.
Fortunately, she had survived. Otherwise, her mother probably wouldn't have wanted to live either.
“Mom, don't be sad anymore. Everything will be fine as long as I'm here. Don't worry, I'll make sure you live a good life.”
“As long as you're safe and healthy, it doesn't matter whether your mother lives well or not.”
“Mom, people should always strive upward. Your expectations are too low. With your daughter's intelligence and talents, how could I settle for merely living safely? I have to make the most of my strengths and make my life shine brilliantly.”
When Xu Nini spoke those words, she truly seemed to radiate light, dispelling the gloom that had clouded Mother Xu's heart.
Comforted by her daughter, Mother Xu instantly stopped worrying about everything and simply asked what she wanted to eat. The mother and daughter shared a warm and harmonious moment.
Tang Yi, however, knew nothing about Xu Nini and had no interest in her affairs.
All she knew was that her wish had come true.
At this moment, she was thinking about how she should confess to Tang Kui.
In the end, she chose a time when no one else was home except him and knocked on his door.
Before he opened it, her heart was pounding so hard it seemed ready to leap from her chest.
When Tang Kui opened the door and asked what she wanted, her face turned bright red and she couldn't utter a word.
Seeing his puzzled expression, she finally gathered her courage.
“Big Brother, I…”
Tang Yi clenched her hands tightly. Her heart was racing uncontrollably, and she was almost breathless.
“I… I like you.”
At last, she said it.
Her eyes remained fixed on the floor, too afraid to look him in the eye.
She quietly waited for his response.
The air was silent until Tang Kui's distant voice sounded.
“Xiao Yi, you're my sister, and I'll only ever see you as my sister. You've already finished the college entrance exam. You should go out more, see the world, meet more people. One day, you'll find someone you truly love.”
“No, Big Brother. I only like you. I've always liked you.”
Tang Yi hurriedly argued, though her heart felt hollow.
“I…”
“But I only regard you as my sister. Xiao Yi, you have admirers too, don't you? They like you very much. Would you agree to be with them just because they like you?”
Of course she wouldn't.
Tang Yi had no answer.
She had always known Tang Kui didn't love her.
Still, she had wanted to try.
Only after becoming the top liberal arts student had she finally found the courage to confess.
The result wasn't what she wanted.
Even though she had expected it, disappointment still overwhelmed her.
“Is there anything else, Xiao Yi?”
“N-No… Big Brother… I'm sorry.”
She lowered her head.
“I just wanted to tell you how I felt, so I wouldn't regret it in the future.”
“Mm. Now I know, and you've received your answer.”
Tang Yi left in disappointment.
She didn't even have the right to question him.
Because he didn't love her, she had no right to ask why.
The next day, Tang Yi went traveling with her group of friends.
Less than three days later, the Tang family received a call from the hospital.
Tang Yi and her companions had been involved in an accident.
At the time, the family was having dinner together.
The moment they heard the news, Tang Yongbo and Lin Yinghui's faces changed instantly.
Tang Guo and Tang Kui were sitting opposite each other.
They exchanged a look with perfect tacit understanding, immediately putting on expressions of concern.
Then, both of them shot each other meaningful glances.
Tang Kui thought, This fake little sister really makes me wonder if she graduated from the same School of Acting as I did.
Tang Guo thought, Perhaps she really did have a brother like this once.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ