Chapter 1769: Unlucky Heiress (36)
The Lucky Charm had fulfilled her wish back then. Could it fulfill this wish as well?
The
thought had only just surfaced in Tang Yi's mind when her heart burned with
anticipation.
She
wasn't asking for much.
She
didn't want the Tang family's wealth, nor did she want to take Tang Guo's
place.
She
only wanted Tang Kui to love her, to see her sincerity and accept her. She
wanted to be with him, marry him, and spend the rest of her life in happiness
together.
Could
that happen?
Tang
Yi thought of Tang Kui's cold attitude toward her. She knew he didn't like her.
It was precisely because he didn't like her at all that she lacked even the
courage to confess.
If
she wrote down her wish, would Tang Kui come to love her?
Without
realizing it, she had already picked up a pen. After only a brief hesitation,
she decided to write down the wish.
Whether
it came true or not, at least she would have tried. Only she would know about
it, and it wouldn't hurt anyone else.
Just
as she was about to put pen to stone, Tang Yi hesitated again. Setting the pen
aside, she let out a breath, rubbed her face, and murmured softly, “Once I
write it down, I'll end up expecting changes every day. What if it doesn't come
true? Then I'll be disappointed for a very long time. Better think about it
some more. I haven't confessed to him yet, and I haven't been rejected. Maybe I
can keep trying. What if… I succeed?”
The
reason Tang Yi held back was because she was afraid the Lucky Charm wouldn't be
able to grant her wish.
Although
she firmly believed in the wish she had accidentally made all those years ago,
perhaps it had simply been a coincidence.
The
Lucky Charm was her final hope.
She
decided that she would find an opportunity to confess to Tang Kui. No matter
what the outcome, she wanted to try first.
If
Tang Kui refused her, then she would resort to this method.
Having
made up her mind, Tang Yi relaxed and put the stone back into its box.
Returning to bed, she closed her eyes and drifted peacefully to sleep.
【System: Host, she didn't write anything. Did she
suddenly come to her senses and realize that feelings can't be forced?】
The
system sounded puzzled.
【But I detected strong emotional fluctuations from
her. I don't know why.】
Tang
Guo smiled. “It's because she's unsure whether the Lucky Charm can really grant
her wish. She's probably afraid that if she makes the wish and it still doesn't
come true, she'll be disappointed. Judging by that determined look in her eyes
at the end, she'll most likely confess to my big brother first.”
【Right, right. There was something like this in the
original plot too.】The
system checked that scene in the original story.【I thought she'd finally awakened.】
“She
probably still doesn't know that the Lucky Charm brings misfortune to others
and steals other people's happiness,” Tang Guo said with a smile. “Get me a
bottle. The purple one. Big Brother Ziyun gave it to me in the group last
time.”
The
system quickly found it. There was no label on the bottle.
【Host, what's this?】
“The
upgraded version of One Dream of Huangliang. Dreamweaving.”
Tang
Guo took out a pill the size of a thumb from the purple bottle.
The
pill was made up of two colors, half white and half purple.
She
split it in half down the middle and left the purple half in her own room.
Holding the remaining white half, she opened the door, walked to Tang Yi's
room, and slipped the pill through the gap beneath the door.
Just
as she straightened up, she ran into Tang Kui, who had come out of his room at
some point.
Their
eyes met directly.
【Host, I'm very sorry. I was just about to warn you, but the rooms are too close together. I didn't have time.】
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ