Chapter 1759: Unlucky Heiress (26)

Tao Yu found a seat and ordered two snacks.

Naturally, Chen Xian and Zhao Wen went inside to prepare them fresh. Their snacks were always made to order, which was one of the reasons they were so popular.

The waitstaff weren't on duty at the moment, so Zhao Wen called into the back:

"Xiaoguo, we've got a customer. Come pour him some tea."

Carrying a teapot, Tang Guo came out and immediately spotted Tao Yu sitting calmly in his seat.

He had his head lowered, pretending to focus on his phone.

The sight almost made the system burst out laughing.

If it didn't know that the host's beloved would definitely find an excuse to come over, it might have believed this was merely a coincidence.

Sure enough, as Tang Guo poured tea for him, Tao Yu was about to say "thank you" when he looked up and saw who it was.

His tone immediately changed, carrying a trace of surprise.

"Xiaoguo?"

"Brother Tao? What brings you here?"

Tang Guo acted as though she knew nothing and continued pouring tea.

Tao Yu held up his phone for her to see.

"Hasn't everyone online been talking about this delicious snack shop lately? My younger brother likes these kinds of foods, so I thought I'd check it out first. If it's clean and tastes good, I'll bring him next time."

(Tao Hao, his younger brother: Since when? Why didn't my brother tell me about this?)

"So that's it? Brother Tao was worried that the shop wasn't as clean or as wonderful as people online claimed, so you came to investigate personally. If it's good, you'll bring your brother. If it's bad, were you planning to take some pictures and show him how terrible this place is?"

System: Hahaha! Digging a pit for himself again. He's still the same. And Host just loves teasing him.

"No, actually..." Tao Yu hurriedly explained, afraid she might misunderstand.

"Since so many people like this place, I believe there shouldn't be any hygiene issues."

"I was just passing by today and suddenly remembered this place, so I thought I'd come try it. Honestly, I was attracted here by curiosity."

"I didn't expect to run into you, Xiaoguo. By the way, why are you here?"

Even though he already knew everything, he still pretended to ask.

Tang Guo didn't expose him and simply explained that this was her adoptive parents' snack shop and that she often came to help.

"So that's how it is."

Having opened the conversation, Tao Yu pointed toward the garbage truck outside.

"Did you place an order too?"

"Yes. Thanks to you, Brother Tao. I thought your company's app and service should be excellent, so I recommended it to my parents. They wanted to give it a try today, and it turned out just as good as I imagined."

Without thinking, Tao Yu reached into his pocket and pulled out a card.

"Then let me give you this VIP Gold Card. Your brother and I are good friends, so I hope you won't refuse."

"What does the VIP Gold Card do?"

Tao Yu replied with one sentence:

"Lifetime garbage collection at thirty percent of the normal price."

System: Pfft—HAHAHAHA!

As expected of the Garbage President.

Even the gift he gave was unique.

A Garbage VIP Gold Card with a seventy percent discount.

Only Tao Yu could think of something like that.

After all that effort and fanfare, his real purpose had been to personally hand this card to Tang Guo.

Tang Guo smiled.

"Then I won't stand on ceremony, Brother Tao."

After all, he had already used the excuse that he was her elder brother's friend.

If she refused, wouldn't all his hard work have been wasted?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1