Chapter 1721: Miss Nice Girl (84)
"Because of what she did, my parents were so angry they changed all their contact information. She's just too immature. She caused trouble herself, yet she still wanted to drag the whole family down with her. Who could put up with that? My parents are getting old. Can't she give them a little peace of mind? Honestly."
System: 【Host, this brat really does have quite the loose tongue.】
"Forget him. I actually hope he never turns over a new leaf. If he changes for the better, who's going to torment Li Meixue and her husband?" Tang Guo smiled faintly, not even glancing in Tang Xiaokun's direction.
"Xiaoguo, even though you didn't meet me at your most difficult time, no matter what happens in the future, I'm willing to face it together with you. I'll always protect you and never let you suffer even the slightest grievance."
Baili Sheng had truly taken her words to heart.
He simply couldn't bear to see her suffer even a little, couldn't bear to see her sad or shedding tears.
Whenever she was with him, he wished she would only ever show him her smiles, living happily every day. As for troublesome things and painful matters, he wanted to solve them all for her.
"Brother Sheng, you're being rather sentimental today."
"I'm serious."
"Alright, I believe you. You'd better remember what you said today. I'll take it seriously."
"I'll engrave it in my heart. Every word I've said will remain carved into my mind and soul forever. Even in the next life, and the life after that, for all eternity, as long as I can meet you again, I will never forget these words."
System: 【Caught off guard by this sudden display of affection. It's so sweet I wasn't prepared for it.】
Baili Sheng climbed onto the electric scooter while Tang Guo sat behind him with a toolbox on her back, wrapping her arms around his waist. He reminded her, "Hold on tight."
"I'm holding on tight. I won't fall."
"Mhm, make sure you don't let go."
Tang Guo's face was full of smiles. "Of course. Brother Sheng is so good to me. How could I bear to let go?"
"We shouldn't take jobs in this residential area anymore. I'd much rather drive you around. It's so hot out. Riding an electric scooter isn't safe, and you're stuck under the sun. What if it rains?"
"But I have Brother Sheng with me. You'll always find a solution, won't you?"
Those words warmed his heart.
He rode the scooter out of the neighborhood, turned a few corners, and stopped at another location.
Under Tang Guo's puzzled gaze, a sedan drove over from not far away. It looked familiar, almost like Brother Sheng's car.
"If you don't want them to know about our current situation, we'll do this from now on." Baili Sheng helped Tang Guo off the scooter and led her into the car.
The scooter had already been handed to the driver, who would return it to the housekeeper and then take a taxi back.
Baili Sheng was already sitting in the driver's seat, fastening Tang Guo's seatbelt. Her toolbox had been tossed into the trunk.
"Brother Sheng, how are you so smart?"
Only after checking her seatbelt did he fasten his own. Smiling, he said, "Because I can't bear to let Xiaoguo suffer. The sun is so harsh. What if it ruins your skin?"
As he spoke, he pinched her cheek and casually handed her a bottle of sunscreen. "I heard this stuff only works if you reapply it every few hours."
"You know quite a lot."
Baili Sheng thought to himself, how could he not?
Every aspect of his wife's life required his attention.
Only then could he keep her by his side within a cage woven from tenderness.
He was afraid that if he was careless or didn't do well enough, he would lose her.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ