Chapter 1720: Miss Nice Girl (83)
Tang Xiaokun had mostly sobered up by now. He first carefully looked over Tang Guo and didn't overlook the man standing behind her.
Especially that half-old, off-brand electric scooter—it was impossible to miss.
With one glance, he could tell that his spendthrift sister wasn't doing well, so naturally, he had no intention of telling her where he had been.
"I was at a friend's place," Tang Xiaokun replied. "Have you paid off your debts yet?"
"A million yuan isn't something you can repay just because you say so. That's why I still have to come out and work hard on weekends to pay it back." Tang Guo wore a miserable expression, making Tang Xiaokun even more impatient. "Xiaokun, you're already in college now. Can you give me Mom and Dad's phone numbers? I want to discuss something with them."
Discuss something?
Was she planning to ask Mom and Dad for money?
Of course. Looking at how miserable she was, it would probably take her forever to repay that debt. Since she didn't have any ability herself, wasn't she just trying to come back and live off her parents?
Mom and Dad had always said that everything in the family belonged to him.
Even now, they were still paying the mortgage on his apartment. If she really went back and asked them for money, wouldn't she be taking what belonged to him?
Tang Xiaokun wouldn't allow that.
If Tang Guo had become successful and rich, he wouldn't mind calling her Sister.
But now that she was down and out, she'd only drag him down. He didn't want this spendthrift sister.
"You caused trouble outside and got yourself into debt, and now you want Mom and Dad to pay it off? I'm not giving you their contact information." Tang Xiaokun raised his chin, looking righteous and indignant. "Mom and Dad worked so hard to raise you and put you through college. You're already an adult, and you still want money from them. Aren't you ashamed? I'm ashamed for you. Leave. I'm not telling you. Deal with your own debts yourself. Stop thinking about living off your parents. If you keep acting like this, I won't acknowledge you as my sister."
"Is this your boyfriend?" he asked.
Tang Guo replied, "Those rich men in the city are all too clever. The moment they hear I owe a million yuan, none of them want anything to do with me."
Her expression was lonely as she held onto Baili Sheng's arm. At that moment, Baili Sheng was keeping a straight face.
His wife's acting skills had become increasingly refined. How could such a wonderfully awful little appearance not make people want to spoil her?
System: Only this guy would think the Host acting like a weirdo was adorable.
"When I was at my lowest point, I met Brother Sheng. He said no matter how difficult things became, he'd face them with me and slowly help me pay off my debts."
"Then cherish him and live a good life. Someone so sincere isn't easy to find. But I won't tell you Mom and Dad's contact information. You should stop bothering them and avoid upsetting them. All right, you should go. You're an adult now. You have to bear the consequences of your own life."
The System nearly laughed from anger.
Tang Xiaokun was spending Li Meixue and Tang Chenghai's money recklessly, yet when it came to preaching life lessons, he had endless wisdom.
This must be the kind of so-called dutiful son people talked about online.
Tang Xiaokun ignored Tang Guo. After greeting his group of friends, he headed deeper into the residential complex.
His voice drifted faintly back.
"That's my sister. She's kind of a freak, so don't mind her. She's already an adult, got herself into debt, and still keeps trying to make my parents pay for it."
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ