Chapter 1719: Miss Nice Girl (82)
"President, may I ask... are you sitting on an electric scooter right now?"
Baili Sheng looked completely matter-of-fact. "Is there a problem?"
"N-No problem. We were just wondering... doesn't the owner of the scooter want to beat you up?"
Baili Sheng laughed. "Of course not. The scooter belongs to our housekeeper. I borrowed it from her this morning and used it to bring Xiaoguo here."
The senior executives of the company: "..."
They had to be hearing things.
Their president had actually brought his wife to a client's house on an electric scooter and even looked rather proud of it, as if there were absolutely nothing strange about it.
Which raised the question—
What kind of romantic game were the president and his wife playing?
They really knew how to have fun.
"All right, let's begin the meeting. It's an electric scooter today, and the sun will be out soon. It'll get hot, so let's finish early. I need to buy some ice cream for Xiaoguo later. Once the weather gets hot, she always craves that stuff. I can't help it—if she wants it, I have to buy it for her. I can't possibly let her suffer.
"If I weren't so busy lately, I'd buy some ingredients and make it for her at home. Then she could have some whenever she wanted. But..." He paused. "I'm afraid she won't be able to stop once she starts eating. Too much isn't good for her health. Forget it, I'll just buy it for her. Otherwise, she'll sneak some behind my back when I'm not paying attention."
The executives: We get it. You don't have to explain in such detail. Is it really necessary to force-feed us dog food first thing in the morning?
Back when they joined the company, someone had spread the rumor that their president was a lifelong bachelor. He didn't like women or men. He intended to remain single through sheer ability.
Whoever had started that rumor had truly been harboring malicious intentions.
About two hours later, Tang Guo came downstairs. During that time, she hadn't run into Tang Xiaokun.
Just as she reached Baili Sheng's side, several young men and women walked in from outside, looking exhausted and smelling faintly of alcohol.
Among them, she immediately recognized one person.
Tang Xiaokun.
Putting everything else aside, Li Meixue and Tang Chenghai had good genes. Tang Xiaokun was handsome, making him stand out among the group of youths.
At that moment, he had his arm wrapped around a young woman dressed rather provocatively. His face was flushed with alcohol, and from time to time he nuzzled against her neck with obvious intimacy.
"Xiaokun, is that you?"
Since she'd seen him, Tang Guo naturally had to go over and greet him.
It had been more than two years. It was time to appear in front of him again and let him know just how miserable she supposedly was.
The familiar voice instantly sobered Tang Xiaokun.
He looked around and eventually fixed his gaze on Tang Guo in the distance.
"Ah-Kun, who is she?" The young woman in his arms eyed Tang Guo warily.
She gave Tang Guo a thorough once-over. Seeing that her clothes were ordinary and that she wasn't as fashionable or youthful-looking as herself, her guard relaxed somewhat.
Still, she needed to know for sure.
After all, she'd worked hard to defeat numerous rivals and become Tang Xiaokun's girlfriend.
She couldn't allow some unexpected obstacle to suddenly appear.
Tang Xiaokun frowned impatiently. "Why are you here?"
"Xiaokun, after all these years, you can't even bring yourself to call me Sister?" Tang Guo said. "Back when something happened to me and I went to Mom and Dad for help, your phones all became unreachable within days. I owed money and couldn't get away, so I had no way to come looking for you. You're in college now, right? Where are you coming from?"
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ