Chapter 1708: Miss Nice Girl (71)

She wasn't really trying to borrow money. This was merely going through the motions, and she also wanted to see what kind of attitude the people whom the original host had once helped would have.

Even if they truly couldn't afford much, returning the favor with three or five hundred yuan would at least be understandable.

After all, these days there was no need to overestimate oneself and lend out a huge sum just to help someone, especially when there was no telling when the money would ever come back.

"I sent twenty messages, and every single one of them played dead. I bet if I send another message, I'll get a notification saying that I'm no longer their friend."

Tang Guo didn't bother with those who ignored her. Later, some people directly sent her red packets of two hundred yuan.

She understood that they were simply trying to settle their debt of gratitude and clear things between them.

She had also reached out to all her relatives.

Almost all of them claimed that their own families were facing difficulties and that they couldn't help.

What a joke. Even Tang Guo's own family wouldn't help her, so why should they?

Unexpectedly, one of her elementary school classmates immediately transferred five thousand yuan to her. That truly surprised her.

"I'm not even close to this person," Tang Guo said. Though the other party had no obligation to help her, she still felt somewhat happy. There were still good people in the world.

People like this had to be protected and treated like national treasures.

Once kind people were hurt, they would disappear and eventually become like those cold and indifferent people.

Tang Guo chatted with this elementary school classmate for a while and remembered her name.

She accepted the money. Otherwise, her plan wouldn't be able to continue, though she silently apologized to the other party in her heart.

At the same time, she found memories of this female classmate. Back then, she had been an extremely shy girl, the kind who was easily bullied by both boys and girls.

Yun Juan: No need to thank me. I remember when we were taking an exam in elementary school and my pen broke. You happened to be sitting in front of me. I saw that you had several pens and nervously asked to borrow one. I didn't expect you to really lend me one. You probably don't remember, though. After all, you've helped many people.

Back then, the people around me were all closer to me than you were, but in the end, the person who helped me was you. I don't have much ability, so for now I can only lend you five thousand. I have a family and a life to support, so I can't give everything I have. I need to be responsible for my husband and child. If I were alone, it wouldn't matter.

Tang Guo: What are you doing now?

Yun Juan: I work for the owner of a nail salon in a small town. The income is decent—about three thousand yuan a month. Life is okay. What about your parents? Aren't they helping you?

Tang Guo: All of their property is being left to my younger brother.

After chatting for a while longer, the two ended their conversation.

System: Host, have you already found a candidate for the manager of your nail salon?

The System was indeed clever. It instantly understood that this classmate named Yun Juan had a bright future ahead of her.

A small number of people, unable to refuse out of politeness, offered Tang Guo a few hundred yuan in support. She recorded all of it in a ledger and planned to return it when the opportunity arose.

The reason she was doing all this was mainly so that Li Meixue's family would feel uncomfortable in the future.

On the contrary, those who gave more than five hundred yuan were mostly people she wasn't particularly familiar with.

The person who gave the most was still Yun Juan.

Tang Guo didn't blame those who refused to help. They hadn't done anything wrong.

But because Yun Juan had helped her, Tang Guo naturally remembered her kindness.

As for her relatives, they showed no concern whatsoever. Upon hearing that she was in debt, not only did they fail to care, they bombarded her with criticism, scolding her and asking why she had been so careless.

Tang Guo had no interest in talking to them.

Just as she was about to put down her phone, she received a call.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1