Chapter 1706: Miss Nice Girl (69)

System: Has the host gotten too deep into character? Host, at least pay attention to your image. Your big cutie is right beside you, and this crying is way too fake.

"Mom..."

Hearing that something was wrong with her voice, Li Meixue's heart skipped a beat. "What happened?"

"Mom, I got into trouble." Tang Guo was clearly smiling, but what came out was a sobbing voice.

Especially since she was leaning against Baili Sheng's chest while talking on the phone. Even Baili Sheng's expression was somewhat strange. His wife was truly amazing.

Her expression and voice couldn't have been more mismatched.

As expected of the woman he liked. Perhaps she could become a voice actress in the future. She didn't even need to build up emotions—she could produce them at will.

"What trouble?" Li Meixue's foreboding grew stronger and stronger. In truth, she didn't care about how Tang Guo was doing outside.

If Tang Guo had been more capable and earned more money, perhaps she would have cared a little more.

But with that meager salary of a few thousand yuan and living in a big city, it was probably barely enough for herself.

The reason she never contacted Tang Guo was simply because she feared that Tang Guo couldn't survive and would ask her for money.

Her money wasn't for Tang Guo. It had to be saved for Xiaokun's university education and his future house.

As for studying abroad, she'd already looked into it during Tang Xiaokun's high school years, and there wasn't much opportunity. Besides, he didn't seem interested anyway.

And she didn't think overseas education was necessary. Her Xiaokun was good at everything and so intelligent. He would do well even in China.

Coming back to her senses, she listened to Tang Guo while calculating in her mind. If the trouble was too big, she absolutely wouldn't be able to handle it.

That daughter of hers had already gone astray.

Originally, her plan had been to marry Tang Guo off to some reasonably wealthy man, collect several hundred thousand yuan in bride price, and be done with it.

But Tang Guo insisted on a house, looked down on this and that, and in the end drove everyone away.

"Mom, I accidentally broke a vase at work. It's an antique worth one million yuan."

The moment Tang Guo's words reached Li Meixue's ears, her mind exploded.

She broke an antique worth a million yuan? Why hadn't she shattered herself instead?

One million!

Where would they get one million?

Even if she could afford it, she wouldn't take it out.

"Mom, the owner of the antique said he'll let me pay thirty thousand first—"

"No, thirty ten-thousand," Tang Guo corrected herself tearfully. "Thirty hundred thousand yuan. But I don't have it. Mom, lend me some first. I'll slowly pay back the rest, and after I've repaid the antique debt, I'll return your three hundred thousand too. Mom, I really don't have that kind of money. In the end, the only people I could think of were my family."

Naturally, Li Meixue was unwilling.

One million yuan—how many years would that take to earn?

If she could casually produce one million yuan, then with a little more money, she could buy a house for Tang Xiaokun in the provincial capital. Why would she spend it paying off her daughter's debt?

She couldn't bear to part with even three hundred thousand.

Who would willingly hand over that much money in one go?

A daughter would belong to someone else's family in the future. This investment wasn't worth it.

"Xiaoguo, think of another solution. Three hundred thousand is too much. I can't come up with it. Think about your brother. He's in high school now, the time when expenses are the highest. In the future, he'll have to go to university and buy a house. How can I possibly spare that money?"

"Doesn't Xiaokun still have another year or two? Mom, you should have three hundred thousand, right? Just lend it to me first. Or... I can work and repay you gradually."

"No."

Li Meixue rejected her righteously and then suddenly said, "How about you come back? There was a blind date before who seemed to like you very much. Marry him and have him pay a three-hundred-thousand-yuan bride price. That'll settle the debt perfectly."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father