Chapter 1699: Miss Nice Girl (62)

“I've heard about the conditions you mentioned before. I can satisfy all of them.”

“As long as you're willing to marry me and behave obediently, your younger brother will be my younger brother too. I'll help you take good care of him.”

Tang Guo glanced at him. “Those conditions were for the previous blind dates. They were only six or seven years older than me at most. But the age gap between us is too great. I'd be taking a huge loss.”

“Then what conditions do you have?” the man asked confidently. He considered himself a successful man.

His wife had died a few years ago, and he hadn't been sad at all. She had long become an old woman in his eyes.

Her death was actually convenient. He had been annoyed by her keeping an eye on him and preventing him from getting close to younger girls.

Now that she was gone, he could marry someone young. What could be better?

He had no other requirements. As long as she was pretty, that was enough.

He already had a son and didn't need a young wife to bear him another one.

Once she married into the family, everything would be in his hands anyway. What could she possibly do?

When he got tired of her, he'd simply kick her out with nothing and find an even younger woman.

“Since you're old enough to be my father, I have some additional requirements.”

The man thought it didn't matter. He could agree verbally for now. Anyone could make promises.

As for the bride price, he didn't care. Once he got her home, it would be too late. All his assets had already been notarized, and only his son would inherit them in the future.

“You're very rich, right?”

“Of course,” he replied confidently.

Tang Guo smiled brightly. “As compensation, before we get married, I want you to buy my younger brother a villa in the provincial capital and put it entirely under his name. It must belong solely to him. He'll be studying in the provincial capital in the future, after all. Buy it over there. It's a nice place. I think it's perfect.”

The confident smile on the man's face slowly froze.

Baili Sheng, listening nearby, almost burst out laughing. His little wife had thoroughly ruined her reputation in this small county.

But that was fine.

He didn't care one bit.

The better it was this way, the fewer people there would be to compete with him for his little wife.

“Buying a villa is no problem. We'll do it after we're married.”

Tang Guo shook her head. “Buy it first, then we can get married. My mother said men nowadays are especially good at lying. They make empty promises to trick young girls into marrying them, then throw them away after they're tired of them. The way you say it makes me suspect that's exactly what you're planning.”

The bald man stiffened.

Because that was exactly what he intended.

Who said young girls were easy to fool? Wasn't this one difficult enough?

Before coming here, he already knew how outrageous this family was.

But he hadn't expected them to calculate things so precisely.

Since that was the case, he had no intention of continuing.

Spending tens of millions to marry a calculating woman who was obsessed with supporting her younger brother?

Forget it.

Naturally, the blind date ended in failure.

The older men Tang Guo met afterward all received similarly troublesome and opportunistic conditions tailored to their own circumstances.

None of the men who had reached that level of success were fools.

They wouldn't spend money so foolishly just to marry a young girl, so naturally none of them agreed.

At last, Li Meixue learned from the matchmaker what Tang Guo's so-called “pleasant conversations” actually looked like.

She finally confronted Tang Guo and asked why she had been so blunt.

Tang Guo answered matter-of-factly, “Mom, wasn't I thinking things through properly? I'm doing all this for Xiaokun. Since I'm not married yet, don't I have more bargaining power? This is the perfect time to secure more benefits for him.”

“If they want to marry me, they should show some sincerity. If they can't even agree to these conditions, they can forget about it. I think they're looking down on our family and don't want me helping my brother.”

Li Meixue: “…”

The system laughed itself silly.

Host is right. She's doing all this for her brother. What can you possibly say? It's all for our family. What can you do about it?

“Xiaoguo, being this direct will scare them away,” Li Meixue said.

Tang Guo looked unconcerned. “If I marry them, they'll be even more unwilling. Mom, I don't think any of them are sincere. Find me more candidates. Whoever agrees to my conditions, I'll marry. If they can't even agree to this much, how can they be relied on in the future? Maybe after I marry, they'll even ask me to cut ties with you.”

“Xiaokun, none of those people deserve to be your brother-in-law. One day, your sister will definitely find someone who'll willingly buy you a huge villa.”

Tang Xiaokun was still just a half-grown child, spoiled and pampered by Li Meixue and Tang Chenghai.

Hearing Tang Guo's words, he immediately nodded and even helped persuade his mother.

“Mom, Sis is doing this for my sake. If they don't even have this much sincerity, then after they marry her, they'll definitely stop her from helping us.”

Li Meixue: “…”

For the first time, she suddenly found her own daughter impossible to communicate with.

Why had she become so outrageous?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father