Chapter 1684: Miss Nice Girl (47)

“It’s fine, Xiao Guo. Take your time. Girls need time to dress up and do their makeup. If you rush and panic, what if you end up drawing your eyebrows crooked?”

Tang Guo laughed when she heard Baili Sheng’s words. “Brother Sheng, you’re so thoughtful and patient. Why are you still single? There should be plenty of girls who like someone like you.”

“There are indeed a lot of girls who like me, but once they get to know me a little better, they probably stop liking me.”

Tang Guo asked in surprise, “Why?”

Without turning his head, Baili Sheng kept his eyes fixed on the road. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he said, “Because all my patience and attentiveness are reserved for you. Not everyone gets to have them. Before I met you, I didn’t really enjoy interacting with girls. Everyone who knew me said I had no romantic sense and was just a blockhead. They even scolded me, saying I deserved to stay single forever. Even my family said I was single purely by my own ability.”

Tang Guo burst out laughing.

The system couldn’t help laughing either. Out of all the people it had seen, this guy had the strongest survival instincts. No matter what he said, it always revolved around his host. There wasn’t a single flaw to pick at. He practically painted himself as an innocent and delicate little white flower.

“If Xiao Guo had never appeared, I really would have spent my entire life alone.”

There was no trace of joking in Baili Sheng’s words. That was genuinely how he felt, and he wasn’t lying.

“Brother Sheng, we haven’t even started yet. Whether you stay single or not is still uncertain,” Tang Guo reminded him kindly.

Baili Sheng wasn’t nervous at all. Instead, he replied with confidence, “I believe we’ll become boyfriend and girlfriend very soon. After all, you’re already calling me Brother Sheng instead of Brother Baili. Maybe one day you’ll change the way you address me again.”

“Xiao Guo, I can tell that if you didn’t have any feelings for me, you wouldn’t give me the chance to drive you to your clients. So I don’t think I’m heading in the wrong direction.”

“Since Brother Sheng is so confident, then I’ll wait and see how well you perform. If you’re still this patient after one month, we’ll make it official.”

“Alright.”

Baili Sheng knew his approach had been right.

He could already see a little bit of affection for him in her eyes.

After a month, there should be a little more.

They still had a long time ahead of them. Affection could slowly accumulate, bit by bit.

Forget one month—even if he had to drive her around for the rest of his life, he would do it willingly.

By the time they reached their destination, it was about seven-thirty. They first found a place to have breakfast together.

After eating, Baili Sheng parked the car beneath the apartment building and escorted Tang Guo upstairs.

He didn’t feel comfortable letting her go up by herself.

Thus, when the client opened the door and saw the handsome man and beautiful woman standing outside, she froze for a moment.

“Miss Chen, I’m here to do your nails.”

Only after Tang Guo dialed her number did the female client believe her. Her gaze lingered over Baili Sheng.

“I’m Xiao Guo’s admirer. I just wanted to escort her upstairs. Now that she’s arrived safely, I won’t disturb you any longer,” Baili Sheng said. Then he told Tang Guo that he would wait downstairs.

After spending two hours, Tang Guo completed Miss Chen’s manicure.

Miss Chen stared at her beautifully decorated nails in disbelief. They were even more stunning than she had imagined.

Though the price was a little expensive, it was absolutely worth it.

She even asked Tang Guo to help take a few photographs. After paying the remaining balance, she sent Tang Guo off amidst a stream of compliments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father