Chapter 1681: Miss Nice Girl (44)
“I’ll wash them right away, and after that I’ll clean everything up for you too.”
Hu Xiaolan truly had to admire Gao Lili’s shamelessness. She was unwilling to simply give up the basin, but she was even less willing to completely fall out with Gao Lili. Though she despised her now, she wasn’t the type to openly tear up relationships.
“Fine, use them.”
Especially after seeing Tang Guo return, she became even less inclined to make a scene. They all lived in the same dormitory, and causing trouble would bring no benefits. Still, she viciously marked another score against Gao Lili in her heart. Sooner or later, she would find an opportunity to settle this debt.
“What happened?” Tang Guo asked at last.
In truth, whenever she came back and found the two of them in the dormitory, she would always witness some minor friction. Tang Guo genuinely admired Hu Xiaolan. Even someone like Gao Lili had failed to make her reveal her ugly side and start a full-blown argument. It fit Hu Xiaolan’s personality perfectly. She was the sort who wouldn’t quarrel with you face-to-face, smiling pleasantly while hiding a knife, but once she seized an opportunity behind your back, she would strike ruthlessly. Gao Lili might think she had gotten the better end of things now, but one day when Hu Xiaolan schemed against her, she probably wouldn’t even realize who had done it.
“It’s nothing. Lili had a lot of clothes to wash, so she occupied all my basins and buckets. Now I can’t even use them. I’m planning to go outside later and buy two more.” Suppressing the anger in her heart, Hu Xiaolan added, “Lili, it’s fine if you use these, but when I buy new ones, don’t occupy all of those too. Especially the washbasins. I don’t even use those to wash my own underwear.”
“Got it, Xiaolan. You’re really too nice.” Gao Lili smiled in triumph, then turned to Tang Guo. “Tang Guo, I’ve been using your basin and bucket too. You don’t mind, do you?”
“Go ahead. I don’t use them anymore anyway. We’re all dormmates. Sharing them is no big deal,” Tang Guo replied with a smile.
Hu Xiaolan couldn’t help cursing inwardly. Idiot. Someone as unhygienic as Gao Lili, who was always fooling around outside with her boyfriend—who knew what diseases she might bring back? Anyway, Hu Xiaolan didn’t dare use any basin or bucket Gao Lili had touched, and she decided she had better keep her more private belongings hidden away so Gao Lili wouldn’t have a chance to take advantage.
“Tang Guo, you’re so nice. Ever since you moved out, I’ve actually missed you.”
Gao Lili meant it. She really had missed Tang Guo. Since Tang Guo had moved out, the dormitory no longer felt like the same place. Hu Xiaolan had changed too. Leng Ruofei hardly paid any attention to her. Only Tang Guo in the past had always answered her requests. Now, getting Hu Xiaolan to do anything for her was extremely difficult.
“We see each other every day,” Tang Guo answered with a gentle smile.
Recently, in both her words and actions, she had maintained a polite but distant relationship with the other two. They also no longer asked her for help at every opportunity like before. Since they no longer lived together, asking Tang Guo to do things wasn’t convenient, so gradually they stopped relying on her altogether.
Every now and then, Tang Guo would bring back some fruit and share it with them. The two of them would be delighted, as though they had gained some enormous advantage.
By the time Tang Guo returned from class, neither Gao Lili nor Hu Xiaolan was around. They had probably gone to class themselves. After putting down her books, she headed back out. While walking down the stairs, she vaguely heard the name “Gao Lili.” Listening more carefully, she almost burst out laughing.
“Really? There’s actually a girl that filthy?”
“Seriously. She soaks her underwear for days and even washes them together with her socks. And the most shameless thing is that she uses her roommate’s washbasin to soak those things.”
“Tsk, Gao Lili looks pretty enough. How could she do something so disgusting?”
“If I were Hu Xiaolan, I definitely wouldn’t be able to stand it.”
“Well, they were arguing so loudly earlier. I was standing on the balcony and heard the two of them fighting.”
“Tsk tsk, some girls look glamorous on the outside, but inside they’re downright filthy.”
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸