Chapter 1679: Miss Nice Girl (42)
System: 【Host, don’t you think this man is incredibly long-winded?】
“He’s fine. He’s worried about me. What do you know?”
System: Boohoo… Host really values beauty over friendship.
“And taking buses or subways would be even more troublesome. Especially with all the transfers. By the end of the trip, you’d be exhausted. Once you’re tired, it’s easy to lose focus while working, and that’ll affect your performance. If you arrive late, it might even leave a bad impression on your clients.”
Baili Sheng’s gaze settled on Tang Guo’s face. “So, have you thought about how you’re going to get to your clients’ homes in the future?”
“I’ll just fly there, I guess. Big Brother Baili already eliminated the three transportation methods available to me.”
Tang Guo took two bites of food before adding, “I can’t afford to buy a car right now.”
“Taking taxis really isn’t very safe, and riding buses is exhausting. But every beginning is the hardest.”
Baili Sheng paused, as though organizing his thoughts. Finally, he said, “Actually, there’s another way.”
“What way?” Tang Guo looked up and asked seriously. “Big Brother Baili, don’t tell me you want me to walk there.”
“How could I? Of course not.” Baili Sheng laughed. How could he bear to let her walk?
He couldn’t even bear the thought of her squeezing onto buses.
The System also perked up, curious to see how this fellow would express his intentions.
Then Baili Sheng actually took out a key and placed it on the table.
The System assumed he was lending Tang Guo a car when he heard him say, “I happen to have nothing much to do, so I can drive you.”
System: Oh. He was still too naive.
This was a chance to show himself off, and the guy wasn’t going to let it slip. No wonder the host liked him.
“That would be too much trouble. Big Brother Baili has already helped me so much.”
By now, Baili Sheng had figured out many things and no longer wanted to hide his feelings.
During this time, he could sense that the girl before him didn’t dislike him. Sometimes he even felt she knew exactly what he was trying to do.
Since his feelings were reciprocated, he might as well break through the last layer separating them. He wasn’t the type to toy with girls.
Naturally, he wanted to confirm their relationship as soon as possible.
Then walk together to the end—that was his goal.
“I do have selfish motives.”
Baili Sheng had already put down his chopsticks, his expression more serious than ever.
“Because I want to pursue you. That’s why I suggested this. I wonder if you’d be willing to give me a chance.”
System: Th-this guy is so direct.
I bet the host definitely won’t agree…
Yeah, right!
“Big Brother Baili, are you serious?”
Baili Sheng immediately sat up straight.
“Since the day I was born, this is the most serious I’ve ever been. Even though I’m a few years older than you, it’s not by much. And I can tell you don’t dislike me, so I want to try.”
“Since you’re being so sincere, I’ll accept your pursuit.” A faint smile curved Tang Guo’s lips. “Then in the future, whenever I go somewhere, I can just call you?”
“Of course you should call me. No matter where you’re going, I’ll be there whenever you need me.”
System: Well, that settles it.
Now she has a model and a free chauffeur.
Host, are you sure this is the ordinary life you wanted?
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸