Chapter 1670: Miss Nice Girl (33)

The reason Gao Lili got up and obediently cleaned those things wasn’t because of Leng Ruofei’s reminder.

Among everyone in the dorm, the person she feared most was Leng Ruofei.

Even though she herself was quite pretty and had revealed that her family circumstances were fairly good, she was still completely outclassed in front of Leng Ruofei.

Leng Ruofei radiated the aura of a wealthy young lady from the inside out. Gao Lili envied her, feared her, and even felt somewhat inferior.

A single glance from Leng Ruofei was enough to crush her confidence.

Naturally, in front of someone like Leng Ruofei, Gao Lili paid more attention to cleanliness.

Tang Guo walked toward the balcony. The bathroom was opposite the wash area, and she was simply going to use it.

By chance, she noticed that Gao Lili was washing her socks together with her panties and bra in the same bucket.

Host, this is the dirtiest girl I’ve ever seen.

“Yes, she’s also the least particular person I’ve ever met.”

Separating socks from underwear when washing was common sense. Tang Guo had no idea what kind of environment Gao Lili had grown up in to be so careless.

“Gao Lili, did you add disinfectant?” Tang Guo asked casually.

Gao Lili paused. “Why would I add that? Soap powder cleans them just fine.”

“I’m just worried that if bacteria grow, wearing them might affect your health.”

“It’s fine. I’ve always washed them like this. It’s not that serious,” Gao Lili replied. “That’s how my family does it too. We throw all our clothes into the washing machine together, and nothing’s ever happened.”

Tang Guo thought to herself that if nothing had happened, it was simply because they had been lucky. Once something really did happen, it would be too late.

Perhaps they used a washing machine with a high-temperature sterilization function, or perhaps Gao Lili had never noticed that her mother actually added disinfectant.

She didn’t mean anything by it. She was just offering a few words of concern. It cost her nothing.

Host, you’re so hypocritical.

“How am I hypocritical? Fine, maybe I am. So what? And has my hypocrisy harmed anyone around me?”

Host, that’s not what I meant. I mean, sometimes it’s necessary to be a hypocrite.

Really, I’m not lying at all.

Afraid of offending Tang Guo, the System hurriedly explained.

Actually, it wasn’t hypocrisy. It should be called emotional intelligence.

Everything Tang Guo had said sounded like concern for Gao Lili, which was why she had asked whether she had added disinfectant.

In reality, she had already tactfully reminded her that washing those things together wasn’t good for personal garments and could affect her health.

If someone with low emotional intelligence had said it, it would probably have sounded like this:

“Gao Lili, your clothes have been soaking for several days already. They’re so dirty. If you don’t add disinfectant, you’ll definitely get sick. And mixing your underwear with your socks? It’d be strange if you didn’t end up with some disease.”

Even though such words would also be intended as a reminder, no one would feel comfortable hearing them. They would only think they were being looked down upon.

Besides, the host had kindly reminded her. Whether Gao Lili chose to listen was her own business.

After all, they were only roommates, not her mother.

“I don’t mean anything by it. I’m just reminding her,” Tang Guo said leisurely. “If she really refuses to change and something happens one day, then when she remembers today, she’ll probably feel rather miserable.”

System: Oh!

By the time Tang Guo came out of the bathroom, Gao Lili was on the final rinse.

Looking at the socks, which still weren’t particularly clean, and the water, which was still somewhat murky, Tang Guo said nothing more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father