Chapter 1663: Miss Nice Girl (26)

“What’s wrong with that? If someone is obedient and well-behaved, of course they should be spoiled.”

Fine, no problem. If you like spoiling her, then spoil her all you want.

The two of them arrived at the supermarket. Tang Guo accompanied Han Yunya as she browsed through the shelves. To her surprise, Han Yunya was also buying sanitary products. Tang Guo immediately recommended the same few brands as before. “These are all pretty good.”

System: Mm, they are pretty good. Anything belonging to the host’s darling is naturally excellent.

That man was truly blessed. His future wife was practically a treasure-attracting magnet.

“Tang girl.”

Han Yunya was still picking out items when Tang Guo heard someone call from behind. Turning around, she saw Baili Sheng.

“Oh? Big Brother Baili, you’re still at the supermarket?”

“Mm, I’ll be staying here for the time being.”

Even Baili Sheng didn’t know why he had chosen to remain. Perhaps the feng shui of the supermarket was simply too good. Staying here made him feel particularly comfortable.

He had merely come out for a casual stroll and happened to spot Tang Guo.

“Shopping with a friend?”

“Yeah. I think this brand is pretty good, so I recommended it to her.”

“I see.” A smile hung on Baili Sheng’s face. “Then let me give you a discount.”

“Wouldn’t that be inappropriate?”

“There’s nothing inappropriate about it.” His smile never faded. “I was just planning to run a promotion for this brand. You happened to catch it.”

A nearby employee looked utterly bewildered. He had never heard that these imported brands were going on sale.

Why was the boss saying there would be discounts?

Had he overlooked something and forgotten about it?

“You two go ahead and choose. The promotional signs haven’t been put up yet, but I’ll still charge you the discounted price.”

With that, Baili Sheng left.

Not long afterward, Tang Guo saw several employees come over and stick bright yellow sale tags on the shelves. It was a limited-time discount lasting only three hours.

System: Amazing, darling.

Three hours? Apart from your future wife, no one else would probably even notice.

Baili Sheng returned and said, “Tang girl, I didn’t lie to you, did I?”

“No.” The corners of Tang Guo’s lips curled upward. Glancing at the large “50% Off” sign, she simply couldn’t suppress her smile.

Han Yunya felt that something was off. She had seen supermarket promotions before, but a limited-time sale inside the supermarket lasting only three hours? Forgive her ignorance, but she had never heard of such a thing—unless it was an online supermarket.

“I checked just now,” Han Yunya whispered to Tang Guo. “This brand has a pretty good reputation overseas, though it’s quite niche. Aren’t you buying any? Half price is really a bargain.”

“I still have plenty.”

Han Yunya didn’t persuade her further. She picked out a few packs and went to pay.

Before leaving, Tang Guo waved goodbye to Baili Sheng.

After she and Han Yunya had gone, Baili Sheng instructed the still-confused employee standing nearby.

The employee was still immersed in the shock of this three-hour limited-time discount. Having worked in the supermarket for so many years, he had never encountered anything like it.

“You stay here and keep watch. Once the three hours are up, remember to tear off those discount labels.” Baili Sheng ordered expressionlessly. “If people notice and buy everything out, I’ll suffer a huge loss.”

At fifty percent off, he would lose a fortune.

“Hu Xiaolan?”

Arriving at the dormitory entrance, Tang Guo spotted Hu Xiaolan squatting there pitifully.

Hu Xiaolan raised her head. “Where did you go?”

System: That tone… it’s like his host is some kind of scumbag boyfriend.


Translator's Note:

Please note that the comment button may not be working well since yesterday, I am looking into what's causing this but if you see a "publishing....." going on and on to the beyond, your comment isn't probably gonna get published. I will add a note when it does working, until then.... we cross our fingers and pray to the blogger gods🥹

—Cy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father