Chapter 1659: Miss Nice Girl (24)

After just two classes that afternoon, Tang Guo and the top student Han Yunya had already formed a deep friendship.

They lived in the same dormitory building, though on different floors.

After exchanging room numbers, Han Yunya suggested they walk to class together next time.

Tang Guo happily agreed. Spending time with a considerate, good-tempered honor student was simply too comfortable.

“By the way, I'm going to the library later. Are you coming?” Tang Guo asked. The dorm room was such a smoky, chaotic mess that she had no desire to stay there.

Han Yunya immediately nodded.

“Of course! How about we put our books away, have dinner first, and then head to the library?”

Tang Guo naturally had no objections.

Then Han Yunya watched as Tang Guo practically sprinted away, as though something were chasing her.

Smiling, she headed back to her own room. Thinking that she had finally found someone she could talk to so comfortably made her unusually happy.

When Tang Guo returned to the dorm, as expected, nobody was there.

She put down her books and headed downstairs. Han Yunya, who lived on a lower floor, was already waiting.

As usual, Tang Guo switched off her old phone card.

The two queued together for dinner, chatting while they ate, feeling as though they'd known each other for years. Afterward, they naturally headed to the library together.

Meanwhile, Hu Xiaolan and Gao Lili didn't return together.

As soon as Hu Xiaolan stepped into the dorm, she felt miserable.

Opening the cabinet beneath the sink, a foul stench assaulted her nose. She quickly shut it again.

That Gao Lili still hadn't washed those things!

And Tang Guo too—was she stupid?

Her bucket had been occupied for days, yet she didn't care at all. Hu Xiaolan had never seen anyone so foolish.

Putting down her books, she decided she couldn't stay in the room and headed straight to the cafeteria.

Halfway through her meal, Gao Lili called.

“Xiaolan, aren't you in the dorm?”

“I'm eating in the cafeteria.”

“How long will you be? Come back and open the door for me.”

Hu Xiaolan frowned.

“You forgot your key again?”

“I forgot, okay? Xiaolan, you're the best. Finish eating quickly and come back!”

Hearing Gao Lili's slightly coquettish tone, Hu Xiaolan's irritation shot sky-high. She slammed her spoon into the tray.

Forgot your ass!

“I've only just started eating,” Hu Xiaolan replied coldly. “Tang Guo isn't back?”

“I saw her books in the room, so she must've come back and gone out again. Her phone seems to be off.”

Hu Xiaolan let out a breath.

“She’s probably in the library.”

“Xiaolan, I need to get back and change clothes. Can't you eat faster?”

By now, Hu Xiaolan was truly reaching her limit.

Still, she restrained herself.

“I eat slowly.”

“Then what am I supposed to do?”

“Come to the cafeteria and get the key. Or you can go ask Tang Guo in the library.”

“The library's too far from the dorm—more than ten minutes away. I'll just come to the cafeteria. It's only three or five minutes.”

“Fine, come get it.”

When Gao Lili arrived, Hu Xiaolan handed her the key and couldn't help reminding her,

“Lili, remember to bring your key next time. If none of us are around and you don't have it, you won't be able to get in.”

“Yeah, yeah, I know. I'll definitely bring it next time.”

Gao Lili answered perfunctorily, grabbed the key, and left.

After Hu Xiaolan finished eating and returned to the dorm, she knocked on the door.

No one answered.

Taking out her phone, she called Gao Lili.

“Lili, you're not in the dorm?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1