Chapter 1652: Miss Nice Girl (17)

The bed curtains had already been tied back, and the blanket was folded neatly.

“Tang Guo, you're up so early?”

At that moment, she saw Tang Guo walking out from the direction of the bathroom. “I remember you don't have any classes this morning, right?”

“I've been suffering from insomnia lately, and my health isn't very good, so I've decided to go running. Exercise a bit, eat breakfast afterward, and then head to the library to study,” Tang Guo explained methodically. “I'm off.”

Only after Tang Guo gently closed the dormitory door behind her did Hu Xiaolan come back to her senses.

No, something felt wrong.

That's right.

Normally, Tang Guo would only be getting up around this time and would spend ten minutes washing up. Since she only applied skincare products and didn't wear makeup, and her clothes were simple, she never needed much time.

Besides, her daily routine had always been very regular.

Every morning, rain or shine, she would go out to buy breakfast.

Usually, Tang Guo left the dorm around seven-forty, which happened to be when Hu Xiaolan was washing her face.

Then she would conveniently stop Tang Guo and ask her to bring breakfast back for her.

By the time she finished washing and dressing, Tang Guo would already have returned with breakfast. She could simply eat while walking to class and save a great deal of time.

Frowning, Hu Xiaolan realized that since Tang Guo planned to go jogging, she obviously couldn't ask her to make a special trip back with breakfast anymore.

Because Gao Lili had kept her awake all night, her mind was still muddled. Combined with Tang Guo's sudden change in habits and the fact that she couldn't get free breakfast anymore, she felt even more irritated.

The thought of having to squeeze into the crowded cafeteria after washing up made her mood sour further.

As a result, she deliberately made more noise than usual while washing.

Gao Lili was awakened.

“Keep it down! Are you going to let people sleep or not?”

Hu Xiaolan: Damn your mother.

Gao Lili hadn't even opened her eyes. She had terrible morning temper, and anyone who disturbed her sleep would get the worst side of her.

Hu Xiaolan lowered the volume of her movements a little, but Gao Lili still found it too noisy.

Not caring who it was, she shouted directly, “Can you be quieter? It's early in the morning. Why are you making so much noise? Do you want people to sleep or not?”

Hu Xiaolan was furious, but fortunately she had already finished washing up.

Glancing at the still-sleeping Gao Lili, she walked over and patted her bed.

“Lili, get up. It's time for class.”

Recognizing Hu Xiaolan's voice, Gao Lili's tone softened.

“I'm so sleepy. I didn't fall asleep until around six. I really can't get up. Xiaolan, when the professor calls attendance, could you answer for me?”

“Sure.” Hu Xiaolan forced a smile. “But that's easy to get caught. It's already our second semester, and the professors recognize us by now. Lili, you'd better get up. You can sit in the back row and sleep later.”

“I really can't.” Gao Lili pulled the blanket over her head. “Whatever. If we can get away with it, we get away with it.”

“If the professor catches us, I'm not taking responsibility.”

“Got it. I won't blame you. If that old man really decides to pursue it, then I'll just consider myself unlucky.”

Having received Gao Lili's assurance, Hu Xiaolan tidied herself up and headed out.

She went to the cafeteria for breakfast, and just as she was about to finish eating, she saw a sweaty Tang Guo walk in.

“Heading to class?” Tang Guo's smile was bright and clean. “Running really makes me feel much better after sweating it out. I've decided—I'm going to wake up early and go jogging every morning from now on.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father