Chapter 1651: Miss Nice Girl (16)
That night, Tang Guo slept especially soundly.
Even without blocking her hearing, she could sleep peacefully, completely unaffected by Gao Lili's giggling and noisy video calls with her boyfriend.
Hu Xiaolan, however, was a different story.
If she hadn't been awakened halfway through the night by Gao Lili banging on the door, Gao Lili talking on the phone until the middle of the night wouldn't have affected her too much.
But today had been anything but pleasant, and there was a vague anger simmering inside her. Coupled with Gao Lili's constant chatter, she was getting more and more irritated.
Usually, the one who would speak up wasn't her, but Leng Ruofei.
But Leng Ruofei had gone home today and wasn't in the dorm. There was no one to keep Gao Lili in check.
Whenever Leng Ruofei was around, all it took was a simple “You're disturbing me,” and Gao Lili would act as though she'd been startled. Even if she didn't hang up, she'd unconsciously lower her voice.
“Lili, can you keep it down?”
Glancing at the time, Hu Xiaolan saw it was already three in the morning.
She had no idea what Gao Lili and her boyfriend had left to talk about. Just as she'd been about to fall asleep, Gao Lili suddenly burst out laughing and startled her awake again.
Considering their relationship, she couldn't speak too harshly.
Besides, she was the type who disliked openly falling out with people.
No matter how uncomfortable she felt inside, she always maintained appearances.
Though she couldn't compare to office workers who had spent years struggling in society, among students she was considered someone who knew how to maintain surface-level relationships.
“Did I wake you, Xiaolan?” Gao Lili removed one earbud and asked with a confused look. “Then I'll talk more quietly. Or you could wear earplugs while sleeping. That way, I won't disturb you.”
Gao Lili was the sort of person who only considered herself. Aside from in front of her boyfriend, his friends, and male classmates, she could shamelessly do whatever she wanted.
Actually, she wasn't particularly concerned about saving face even around men, but most men were captivated by her looks.
In front of men, being shameless wasn't called shamelessness. It was called acting cute, being spoiled, being adorable. Pretty girls deserved indulgence.
Such a beautiful girl having a few flaws—so what?
Most male students wouldn't argue with her or compete with her over things. More often than not, they'd just give in.
Being spoiled by male classmates had only made her behavior around female classmates more annoying.
“It's already so late, and we have class tomorrow morning. You should go to sleep too, or you won't be able to get up,” Hu Xiaolan said. Of course, she wouldn't directly say, You're too noisy. I can't sleep. She was that kind of person.
No matter what she said, she'd always find some excuse that made it sound like she was acting for someone else's good.
Unfortunately, that approach clearly didn't work on Gao Lili.
“I'll be fine. Back when I stayed up all night surfing the internet, I still managed to attend class the next day. I can just sit in the back and catch up on sleep. If I really can't get up, I'll have to trouble you, Xiaolan. When the professor calls attendance, answer for me, okay? Xiaolan, you're seriously the best.”
Hu Xiaolan: Damn your mother!
Tang Guo was already asleep, but the System didn't need sleep.
He had to record all these amusing scenes. When the Host woke up and watched them, she would definitely be delighted.
Eventually, Hu Xiaolan still managed to fall asleep.
She stuffed earplugs into her ears and buried her head under the blanket.
After tossing and turning, she finally fell into a proper sleep around five in the morning.
Since she had class in the morning and wanted enough time to get ready, she had to wake up a little after seven-thirty.
Subconsciously, she looked toward Tang Guo's bed.
Then she froze.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ