Chapter 1650: Miss Nice Girl (15)
Hu Xiaolan usually fell asleep around eleven o'clock, so she naturally had no idea about Tang Guo's insomnia.
“No, it's just that I'm feeling uncertain about the future and have developed anxiety.” Tang Guo's voice sounded pitiful. “It's already the second semester of freshman year, and I feel like I haven't learned anything. I don't even know what I'll do in the future. That's why I've decided that from today onward, I'll spend all my free time in the library. Reading more books can't possibly be wrong.”
Hu Xiaolan didn't agree. In university, participating in extracurricular activities and building good relationships with classmates were the most important things.
This wasn't high school. Mindlessly studying wasn't enough.
“Reading more books is definitely not a bad thing,” Hu Xiaolan replied.
Tang Guo nodded. “I'm going to take my medicine and sleep. The doctor said that if I don't start getting proper rest, it'll be very bad for my health.”
She took out a bottle of mineral water and a medicine bottle, then swallowed two pills in front of Hu Xiaolan.
System: Host, how are those two throat lozenges you're swallowing whole?
Then Hu Xiaolan watched Tang Guo lie down. Before long, soft breathing sounds could be heard.
Shaking her head, Hu Xiaolan let out a snort and continued playing with her phone.
Around ten fifty, she put her phone down and prepared to sleep. She cared greatly about maintaining her looks and rarely stayed up much later than eleven.
She slept well and could usually fall asleep within two minutes.
At around eleven fifty, loud banging suddenly came from the dormitory door.
Tang Guo wasn't awakened, but Hu Xiaolan certainly was.
“Open the door for me! It's Gao Lili!”
Following her usual habit, Hu Xiaolan didn't even open her eyes. She shouted toward Tang Guo's bed, “Tang Guo, Lili's back. Open the door for her.”
Hearing movement inside, Gao Lili stopped pounding on the door.
But Tang Guo didn't move.
After all, she'd taken “sleeping medicine” and was currently sleeping like a log. No amount of shouting would wake her.
After calling several times, Hu Xiaolan noticed that at some point, Tang Guo's bed curtain had shifted slightly. Opening her eyes, she saw Tang Guo sleeping soundly.
Only then did she remember that Tang Guo had taken “sleeping medicine.”
Hearing Gao Lili calling outside, Hu Xiaolan's expression twisted.
Knowing perfectly well that everyone would be asleep by this hour, couldn't Gao Lili come back earlier?
And even if she came back late, couldn't she at least bring her key?
Awakened from sleep and filled with irritation, Hu Xiaolan slowly climbed down and yanked the door open.
“Lili, why didn't you bring your key again?”
Gao Lili didn't care who opened the door. As long as someone did, that was enough.
“I just forgot, okay? Xiaolan, I brought you some barbecue skewers.”
Looking at the box in her hand, Hu Xiaolan's anger eased slightly.
“You eat them. I've already brushed my teeth, and it's so late. Eating now will make me gain weight.”
“I brought them especially for you.”
Unable to reject Gao Lili's kindness outright, Hu Xiaolan said, “Then just leave them on the table. I'll heat them up and eat them tomorrow morning.”
In truth, she had no intention of eating them. She simply wanted to get rid of the troublesome Gao Lili.
“Okay, I'll put them on your desk.”
Hu Xiaolan climbed back into bed.
Just as she was drifting off again, she suddenly heard Gao Lili's cheerful laughter.
Her eyes flew open immediately, only to discover that Gao Lili was on a video call with her boyfriend.
Suppressing the anger in her chest, she endured it and said, “Lili, lower your voice. You're disturbing Tang Guo's sleep.”
“But Tang Guo seems to be sleeping really well.” Gao Lili stretched her neck over and took a look. “I'm not bothering her. She's sleeping especially deeply tonight.”
Hu Xiaolan: You're bothering me, damn it! It's so late already—don't you have any self-awareness?
System: Ah, what a scheming Host. It's only been one day, and these two are already on the verge of fighting.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ