Chapter 1626: Rubik's Cube Beauty (88)

“He’s dead?” Xie Yun rubbed his eyes, unable to believe it.

“He’s dead,” Tang Guo replied casually.

“And that’s it???” Xie Yun still found it hard to accept.

Tang Guo nodded. “That’s it.”

“That was way too easy.” In the end, Xie Yun could only sigh. Honestly, he had been prepared for a life-and-death battle. How had it ended so easily?

“He really was strong, but that’s only if he wasn’t inside my Trading City. In our own territory, we can suppress an enemy’s strength however we like. As long as he can’t escape, killing him is effortless.”

Xie Yun felt that it made perfect sense. “Then why did he say that people in the past only sealed him away instead of killing him?”

“How would I know?” Tang Guo rolled her eyes at him while lifting the lockdown on Trading City.

The moment the seal was lifted, Gong Wei appeared in front of her and gently pulled her into his arms. In a low voice, he asked, “What happened just now?”

“I killed a piece of trash.”

Xie Yun: He didn’t want to hear that. If that guy was trash, then wasn’t he trash among trash?

Gong Wei carefully examined her from head to toe. Seeing that she was completely unharmed, the worry in his eyes finally disappeared.

Tang Guo placed her slender hand over his heart and chuckled softly. “A-Wei, your little heart is beating so fast.”

Xie Yun: Pfft. Did these two think he didn’t exist?

The tips of Gong Wei’s ears turned slightly red. With complete seriousness, he answered, “Because I was afraid.” Leaning down, he kissed her forehead. “Afraid you’d get hurt. Afraid that by the time I came back, you’d already be gone.”

“I’m leaving. I won’t disturb you two.” Xie Yun hurriedly shook his head and headed for the door. After taking only a couple of steps, he turned back and waved at Tang Guo and Gong Wei. “No, wait. This is my room. You two are the ones who should leave.”

Just then, two more people entered through the doorway.

One of them was someone they all knew—Jun Ming. Even after arriving in Trading City, the aura of death surrounding him could not be concealed.

The other was someone they knew just as well, the person they had been unable to contact all this time—Gu Lin.

Gu Lin’s complexion was deathly pale, and he looked full of remorse. “I’m truly sorry. This incident was my fault. I shouldn’t have drunk wine from someone with unknown origins. I shouldn’t have drunk at all. And in my drunken haze, I ended up talking about many things concerning the Rubik’s Cube World.”

“Gu Lin, explain yourself,” Xie Yun said unhappily. The Rubik’s Cube World had almost suffered a catastrophe.

From the sound of it, the whole thing had been caused by this fellow’s carelessness.

Gu Lin was a thin, somewhat frail young man with a pale face.

He sat down nearby and explained, “Some time ago, an outsider arrived in Happiness City carrying some excellent wine. The fragrance lured me in, and when he invited me to drink with him, I couldn’t resist. I didn’t expect the wine to have such a strong aftereffect. It didn’t knock me out immediately, but while I was half-conscious, I could feel myself saying things I shouldn’t have. By the time I realized it, it was already too late. I went home and fell asleep, and stayed asleep until…” He glanced at Gong Wei. “Gong Wei brought some people with him, smashed down my door, and dumped water on me to wake me up.”

Only then did Xie Yun notice that Gu Lin’s clothes were still dripping wet.

As the Lord of Sin City, Gong Wei possessed plenty of special methods for sobering people up.

“I’m sorry. From now on, I’ll definitely resist temptation.”

“Fortunately, this time ended without any real danger,” Jun Ming said. His gaze fell on Tang Guo and Gong Wei, and when he saw that they were holding hands, he smiled faintly. “It seems good things are approaching for the two of you. Now that the crisis in the Rubik’s Cube World has been resolved, I’ll head back first. I’ll come again when it’s time for your wedding.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1