Chapter 1613: Rubik's Cube Beauty (75)

He hated being treated like a lab rat.

The moment Zhai Chenming leaped into the sea, the display screens before Tang Guo and Gong Wei turned blue.

“The sea isn't under my jurisdiction,” Gong Wei said coldly. “Should we go over and take a look?”

Since it concerned Tang Guo's future safety, he couldn't rest easy.

Tang Guo pressed down on his hand and shook her head. “No need. Since that mysterious person dared to send Zhai Chenming into the sea, he must have something to rely on. If we go over rashly, we'll only alert the enemy. They might realize we've already discovered their purpose.”

Gong Wei sat back down. “So we still have to wait? Until the very end?”

“Mm.”

After remaining silent for a while, a trace of worry appeared on his handsome face. “That dagger is no ordinary weapon. It can kill with a single strike.”

“It won't take my life, so don't worry.” Seeing his expression, Tang Guo knew a simple reassurance wouldn't ease his mind.

“Come here. There's something I need your help with. Once this month ends, go and do it.”

She beckoned to him. Gong Wei leaned over, and Tang Guo whispered into his ear, explaining everything.

After hearing it, he looked surprised.

“When did you discover it?”

“Last month.”

“Are you sure?”

“Absolutely.”

“Alright. Once this month ends, I'll go.”

The two watched the monitors for a while before Gong Wei drew Tang Guo into his arms and asked, “When all of this is over, we'll get married?”

“Mm. I promised you, didn't I? How could I go back on my word? Unless you stop behaving.”

“If I'm more obedient, will you stay with me a little longer?” Gong Wei asked expectantly. Turning slightly, he lowered his head and kissed the corner of her lips. “Don't leave so quickly.”

Tang Guo returned his kiss. “You've even come up with a life-and-death contract. Isn't that enough?”

“It is, it is. Xiaoguo, I think it's enough. I'm very satisfied.”

For some reason, the words came out instinctively, and very quickly at that. After saying them, Gong Wei was left stunned.

Clearly, what he had been thinking was, How could it be enough?

Even if he spent life after life, tens of thousands of years by her side, it still wouldn't be enough.

So why had he spoken such blatant nonsense with such ease, without even thinking about it?

System thought to himself that this fellow had truly been frightened. He had known all along that sooner or later, the Host would completely spoil him.

Tang Guo glanced around at the countless surveillance screens. “A'Wei, do you usually spend all day here watching these monitors?”

“Mm.”

Tang Guo smiled and pinched his serious face. “No wonder you were born with such a stern expression. Watching these things all day—isn't it boring?”

“It wasn't before. But after spending these few months with you, if I had to go back to how things were before, I probably wouldn't be able to endure even a single day.”

“Move to my place in the future. It's lively there, and there are all kinds of fun things. Watching these monitors all day and observing people trying to survive is honestly rather boring.”

Gong Wei agreed wholeheartedly. Even simply holding Xiaoguo and sleeping with her was far more interesting than watching these tedious screens.

System thought, Naturally.

Tang Guo suddenly remembered that she had once collected many classic movies and immediately had the System find them.

“A'Wei, let's spend this month watching movies. I brought discs, popcorn, and snacks. We can eat while we watch.”

Looking at the snacks spread before him, even the muscles on Gong Wei's perpetually stern face twitched slightly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father