Chapter 1607: Rubik's Cube Beauty (69)

After Gong Wei appeared, Jun Ming became even more deathly and cold.

If he stood still, one would truly think he was a corpse.

With Jun Ming showing up like this, Tang Guo no longer had any interest in properly experiencing the aura of death in Death City.

Instead, she and Gong Wei walked hand in hand over weathered bones and across the uneven ground of Death City.

Jun Ming didn't leave. He chose to remain by their side, occasionally speaking a few words.

As long as he didn't bring up matters of love, Tang Guo and Gong Wei would respond to him from time to time.

“I just want to spend a little more time with you. I don't mean anything else. After all, you probably won't come here again in the future.” Sensing Gong Wei's vigilance, Jun Ming paid it no mind and instead addressed Tang Guo. “If you two really hold a wedding ceremony, then I suppose it won't be convenient for me to visit you in Trading City anymore, will it?”

The three stood atop a small hill, the only place free of human bones.

Even the air there seemed somewhat fresher.

“Actually, it's better that you didn't choose me.”

“Death City really isn't a good place.”

“If possible, I wish I hadn't been born as the Lord of Death City. Any other city would have been better.”

“This place is always gloomy, filled with deathly energy. Living here for too long inevitably affects one's mind. I don't know when a new Lord of Death City will be born. I'm already eager to leave this place and settle somewhere full of life, where the air is better.”

Tang Guo didn't interrupt Jun Ming's monologue. As long as he stopped saying things about leaving Gong Wei and interfering with her choices and freedom, then this was his territory. He could stand wherever he wanted and say whatever he wanted. None of it had anything to do with her.

His liking her was his business.

Her not liking him was hers.

She owed him nothing. There was nothing to say. She disliked how some people made it seem as though refusing the affection of someone devoted to you was some unforgivable crime.

Seeing that Tang Guo paid no mind to Jun Ming's words and remained completely unmoved, Gong Wei felt somewhat reassured.

Still, he wanted to leave this ghostly place as soon as possible. Having a love rival equal to himself constantly hanging around, trying to steal his girlfriend, was enough to make anyone unhappy.

He could only blame the fact that his girlfriend was too beautiful and always attracted unwanted attention.

After they got married, he intended to assign a few officers from Sin City to guard Trading City, lest people continue finding all kinds of excuses to approach his wife.

While Gong Wei secretly schemed over how to eliminate future rivals, Jun Ming continued expressing his thoughts. Eventually, he realized that no matter what he said, he could not move Tang Guo in the slightest, and he finally fell silent.

“Can we talk alone?” Jun Ming's stiff face rarely showed a trace of a smile. “I don't mean anything by it. I just want to talk with you privately. About anything. It seems I've never had that chance. I had a perfect opportunity earlier, and I ended up making you unhappy.”

“Whatever you have to say, just say it here.” Tang Guo answered calmly. “I have a boyfriend, so I have to consider his feelings. Talking privately with another man isn't appropriate. If you want to say something, say it in front of my boyfriend. If I agreed to go with you alone, I would be disregarding his feelings and damaging his dignity. That would hurt him.”

Hearing those words, Gong Wei's eyes immediately sparkled.

His worries had been unnecessary.

The person Xiaoguo loved was him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father