Chapter 1606: Rubik's Cube Beauty (68)
Even between the original host and Jun Ming, there had never been much interaction.
Thinking of this, Tang Guo carefully reviewed the plot in her mind. The original host had indeed shared no romantic feelings with Jun Ming.
There had been no love, but Jun Ming had gone to Trading City several times to see the original host. He had never openly expressed any affection. He would simply visit her every so often, something neither the original host nor Tang Guo had ever really understood.
Yet now, she could clearly sense the affection in Jun Ming's eyes.
That was rather strange.
She was certain she did not like this man.
Jun Ming gazed at Tang Guo with his deep eyes and asked hoarsely, “Why did you choose Gong Wei?”
“Jun Ming, who I choose has nothing to do with you.” Tang Guo put away her smile. She disliked this sort of self-righteous devotion that thought itself moving.
Whom she chose was her own freedom. No matter who it was—even Gong Wei—no one had the right to interfere.
She had no relationship with Jun Ming, owed him nothing, and he had even less right to meddle in her feelings.
“What is so good about him?” Jun Ming seemed not to have heard her words and continued muttering to himself. “Leave him, alright? There's nothing good about him. He's merely a man without heart or feelings. Why give your sincerity to someone like that? Loving a man without heart or feelings will only leave you wounded.”
“Stay by my side. I won't forget you, and I won't hurt you. If you don't like Death City, we can go somewhere else. Anywhere is fine, as long as you like it.”
Tang Guo turned and walked away. There was no point arguing with someone who refused to understand.
“Tang Guo.”
“Jun Ming, you have no right to interfere with any of my choices, including my feelings. Don't use what you think is kindness to bind me.”
Jun Ming stared at her retreating figure. For once, his cold face showed a trace of emotion. He said nothing and simply followed after her, quickly catching up.
“Fine. I'm sorry. Let's not talk about that anymore.”
“I'm just unwilling to accept it,” Jun Ming continued. “I never expected that, in the end, you would choose him. I couldn't understand it for a moment. You're looking for him, aren't you? I know where he is. I'll take you there.”
【Host, is this guy crazy? Why is he acting so strangely?】 The System was utterly baffled. 【One moment he looked like a betrayed husband saying you're not allowed to be with anyone else, and the next moment his entire demeanor changed, as though he'd suddenly compromised over something.】
Tang Guo replied, “I can find him myself. I believe he'll be able to find his way here soon enough.”
She had no intention of accepting Jun Ming's goodwill. His first impression had been terrible, and she wanted no involvement with him.
Yet Jun Ming remained persistent.
“I just lost control of my emotions earlier. You know how many dead people there are here. The more deaths there are, the more they affect my state of mind. Perhaps… I frightened you.”
“I've gone to see you many times in the past, but I've always felt that I wasn't worthy of you. Trading City is lively and prosperous, while Death City has nothing but corpses. And because you were never with anyone, I thought things could continue like that. I just never expected…”
This time, she had come hand in hand with Gong Wei, and the two of them had looked exceptionally close.
Jun Ming was about to say more when Gong Wei appeared.
The moment he saw Jun Ming following beside Tang Guo, he sensed something was wrong. Instantly appearing before her, he gently drew her into his arms and held her protectively, his entire posture proclaiming, This woman is mine.
The sight nearly twisted Jun Ming's expression into something ferocious.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ