Chapter 1600: Rubik's Cube Beauty (62)

"Do you have a problem with that?"

Tang Guo raised an eyebrow and smiled.

Xie Yun muttered,

"It's not that I have any objections. I'm just curious how you managed to win over Gong Wei."

"Just earlier, he was saying, 'If she breaks your Illusion City, I'll pay for it!'"

"Does that sound like something Gong Wei would say?"

"What happened to the cold, heartless, iron-faced law enforcer?"

Tang Guo asked him with a smile,

"Have you ever been in love?"

Xie Yun honestly shook his head and rubbed his fiery red hair.

"No."

"Someone who's never been in love won't understand how wonderful it is," Tang Guo replied.

"When you finally fall for someone, you'll understand why Gong Wei has become like this."

Xie Yun glanced sideways at Gong Wei.

Seeing him nod in complete agreement, he was utterly speechless.

"He even said he'd marry into your family and bring his dowry to Trade City."

Tang Guo's lips curved upward.

"Are you jealous?"

"Pah! As if!"

Xie Yun snorted.

"Why isn't it you marrying him? Since ancient times, men marry and women marry out!"

"What sort of rule is that?" Tang Guo retorted.

"Isn't there such a thing as marrying into the wife's family?"

"My Trade City is wealthy. Gong Wei is smart enough to choose a comfortable life with me."

"He likes being with me and doesn't care about the narrow-minded opinions of others."

By then, Gong Wei had already come to stand beside Tang Guo.

With a serious expression, he said,

"You've learned all those customs from the outside world, haven't you?"

"When we get married, don't forget to bring wedding gifts."

Xie Yun: Pah!

Zhang Le: Heh...

What did any of this have to do with him?

He had only come over to watch the fun.

Why should outside-world customs concern them?

None of them were outsiders!


"My Illusion City has never been this lively," Xie Yun said with a sigh.

"You all gathered here... surely not just for sightseeing?"

Tang Guo briefly explained the situation.

Xie Yun's expression immediately grew serious.

"I already thought that brat was strange. So someone really is hiding behind him—a threat lurking within the Rubik World itself."

"No wonder I saw him trapped inside an illusion, only to suddenly wake up."

Resting his chin on his hand, Xie Yun narrowed his eyes and stared at Zhai Chenming, who was still desperately fleeing from the relentless pursuit of Piaomiao Fairy and Silver Ring Taoist.

He sank into thought.

"Just who is that person?"

"How is it that even with our abilities, we can't detect his existence?"

He had no doubts about Tang Guo's words.

After all, the safety of the Rubik World concerned them all.

They were spirit beings born from the Rubik World itself.

If the world were destroyed, they would perish with it.

No one would joke about such a matter.

"I don't know either."

Tang Guo truly had no answer.

The information left behind by the original owner was far too limited.

She even suspected that the mysterious soul had appeared much earlier than anyone realized.

"By the way," Xie Yun suddenly asked,

"Didn't the two of you come from Happiness City?"

"Why isn't Gu Lin with you?"

Gong Wei replied,

"I called for him, but there was no response."

"His aura remains beneath the Happiness Tree. He should be asleep."

"That guy sleeps every day," Zhang Le yawned.

"I bet when the next Lord of Happiness City is born, he'll hand over his position in his sleep."

"If I lived in such a comfortable place, I'd sleep all day too."

Tang Guo remained silent.

Her gaze stayed fixed upon Zhai Chenming.

Meanwhile, she searched through all the memories and plotlines of this world within her mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father