Chapter 1575: Rubik's Cube Beauty (37)
"The next world is Mirror Illusion City."
Tang Guo's words immediately caused both of their expressions to change slightly.
Among all the cities in the Rubik's Cube World, the one they feared most was Mirror Illusion City.
Most people who died there died by their own hands. Once inside, one would be trapped in endless illusions, like Zhuang Zhou dreaming of a butterfly, unable to tell whether it was Zhuang Zhou dreaming of the butterfly or the butterfly dreaming of Zhuang Zhou.
Everyone within the illusion only needed the slightest lapse in willpower to lose themselves and die by their own hand.
This was the thing cultivators feared most, especially since the two of them had indeed found their states of mind becoming unstable over the years.
Silver Ring Wanderer hesitated before asking, "School Beauty, is that really true?"
"Would I lie to you?"
Of course not.
The two exchanged glances, their expressions heavy. Piaomiao Fairy said worriedly, "Cracks really did appear in our Dao hearts a hundred years ago. To be honest, every time we've entered Mirror Illusion City in recent years, we've come out in a terrible state. So if you're saying we'd die there at the hands of some mortal brat, I believe it."
"We've simply stayed here for too long and become suffocated." Silver Ring Wanderer sighed. "The Rubik's Cube World is actually a good place. If there were nothing weighing on our hearts, staying here wouldn't be so bad. I just want to go back and see how my junior sister is doing. If she's still waiting for me, I have to return. I can't let her wait forever. But if she's forgotten me and fallen in love with someone else, then so be it."
"I'm worried about Master too," Piaomiao Fairy said, her delicate brows knitted together. "I disappeared so suddenly. I don't know how heartbroken Master must have been, or what became of our sect. If Master has already ascended and I'm still missing, then my junior brothers and sisters must be getting bullied by the other sects."
"If you want to leave, you must first stay alive. Perhaps if you endure until then, you'll obtain the key you want from the prize box."
Tang Guo silently made up her mind. Once she returned to Trade City, she'd study that prize box carefully and see whether she could secretly rig things a little.
Trade City was her city, after all. She thought it was entirely feasible.
Gong Wei glanced at Tang Guo. Somehow, he felt she was planning something mischievous.
"Actually, ever since we learned that School Beauty had come, our states of mind have improved somewhat." Piaomiao Fairy smiled lightly. "You won't stay here forever. You'll leave someday, right? You wouldn't abandon us here and run off by yourself, would you?"
Silver Ring Wanderer crossed his arms and looked at Tang Guo with a grin, his expression clearly saying, You can't sneak away alone.
Hearing this, Gong Wei's heart sank.
He had already realized that the woman holding onto his arm was no longer the original woman.
Though he had no idea why he couldn't sense that her core had changed.
Still, there were countless strange things in this world, and he didn't really care. The Rubik's Cube World itself hadn't rejected her, which meant it acknowledged her existence.
As Tang Guo held onto Gong Wei's arm and walked out of the room, she happened to glance down the corridor below. Just in time, she spotted Zhai Chenming heading toward the amusement facilities.
Her footsteps halted.
"What's wrong?" Gong Wei asked.
By then, Zhai Chenming had already disappeared into the darkness.
Tang Guo pulled Gong Wei back into the room before saying, "I saw Zhai Chenming. He was heading outside. I wonder what he's doing."
"Should we follow him and take a look?"
"No. If someone behind the scenes has really contacted him, we'd only be alerting the enemy. Let's see what they're planning first."
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ