Chapter 1571: Rubik's Cube Beauty (33)

Tang Guo looked over Zhai Chenming and Yin Rui, asking, "What happened here just now? Why do you both look so miserable?"

At the mention of it, Zhai Chenming's face darkened, his expression becoming extremely ugly.

"We were lining up here earlier when several vicious-looking people suddenly showed up and declared that the seesaw area belonged to them. Anyone who wanted to ride the seesaw had to pay one thousand Rubik's Cube Coins each." Yin Xiaofei couldn't keep things to herself and poured out everything that had happened. "We refused, and my brother and Big Brother Chenming got into a conflict with them..." Her voice gradually lowered. "We couldn't beat them. Since it was almost dark, each of us had to pay two thousand Rubik's Cube Coins before we were allowed to ride the seesaw."

Speaking of it, Yin Xiaofei felt both helpless and furious. The people here were all strange. Those with great strength disdained coming to places like the seesaw. Only ordinary villains who had lived in the Rubik's Cube World for a long time and possessed average abilities would resort to such methods to earn Rubik's Cube Coins.

"If we hadn't earned some Rubik's Cube Coins in Happiness City, we really wouldn't know what to do today." Yi Yingxue wore a worried expression. After all, they had to survive here for an entire month.

After hesitating for a moment, Yi Yingxue walked up to Tang Guo. "Tang Guo, if we can't think of any other way, I'd like... to borrow some Rubik's Cube Coins from you when the time comes. Would that be alright?"

"Of course." Tang Guo didn't refuse. "How much do you want? I can lend it to you right now."

Yi Yingxue relaxed inwardly. "Thank you so much. At least this way, we can make sure we won't be driven out of the city."

The expressions on Yin Xiaofei and Yin Rui's faces also eased considerably.

Host, didn't you say you weren't going to bother with them? Why are you lending them Rubik's Cube Coins?

"I don't dislike Yi Yingxue. Right now, we're teammates, and I happen to have Rubik's Cube Coins on hand, so naturally I'll lend her some. Yi Yingxue knows when to advance and when to retreat. Even though we're on the same team, she never assumed that my Rubik's Cube Coins belonged to everyone. Instead, she politely asked to borrow them. I think that's reason enough to lend them to her."

"And Yin Xiaofei is a very simple girl. Do you remember when we bought buns before? She wanted to ask that old lady for a few more, and some of those were meant for me. I don't want to see her driven out of the city either. If someone remembers even one part of my kindness, I can repay them tenfold."

"Besides, whether I interfere or not depends entirely on whether I want to. Why should I bind myself within some rigid set of rules? I happen to find Yi Yingxue and Yin Xiaofei pleasing to the eye, and I want to help them. Is that not allowed?"

Sure. You're the one who decides.

Even after accompanying his host through so many worlds, the System still couldn't understand the human heart, nor could it grasp the ever-changing state of mind of his Host.

But his Host was right. Yi Yingxue, Yin Xiaofei, and Yin Rui really weren't unpleasant people. They knew their place, had manners, and still retained pure hearts. It seemed that his Host liked people like that, people as blank and pure as a sheet of white paper.

In the end, Yi Yingxue borrowed fifty thousand Rubik's Cube Coins from Tang Guo, enough for the five of them to survive ten days in Amusement City.

She believed they would definitely think of another solution soon. These fifty thousand Rubik's Cube Coins were essentially a safety net for all of them.

Zhai Chenming sat off to the side in silence. Watching Yi Yingxue lower herself to borrow Rubik's Cube Coins from someone else filled him with rage.

In all his life, he had never suffered such humiliation as he had today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father