Chapter 1556: Rubik’s Cube Beauty (18)

He had originally thought the withered leaf was useless. Who would have thought that even a single leaf could be exchanged for one Rubik's Cube Coin?

Compared to it being worthless, this result was even more humiliating.

“I heard those people say earlier that the leaves, fruits, and flowers of the Happiness Tree never fall off. Neither locals nor outsiders are allowed to pick them. Otherwise, they'll be expelled from the city immediately and permanently lose the right to enter Happiness City again,” Tang Guo said.

Yin Xiaofei's gaze fell on the Rubik's Cube Storage Ring on Tang Guo's finger, and she couldn't help swallowing.

She had just witnessed piles of Rubik's Cube Coins being stored inside.

“If only I were a peerless beauty too.”

She had meant to keep that thought to herself, but somehow she had blurted it out loud. Seeing everyone staring at her, her face instantly turned red.

“Don't laugh. I know I'm dreaming. Can't I at least dream a little?”

Zhai Chenming stated that he wanted to continue gathering information about the city, especially about the date of the world's rotation and what they should pay attention to.

Tang Guo said, “Then I won't go with you. I just made a fortune, and I want to go buy some pretty dresses.”

“Alright, go ahead.”

By now, even Zhai Chenming had begun to believe that the people—and even the tree—of Happiness City were obsessed with appearances.

As long as he wasn't in conflict with anyone, Zhai Chenming only came across as somewhat cold. He disliked getting close to people and rarely opened his heart to others.

In a sense, he truly fit the mold of a male lead.

“Just waiting for Zhai Chenming to draw that dagger and stab me.”

After the others left, Tang Guo walked toward the shops with a cheerful smile and her carved wooden folding fan in hand, conversing with the system all the while.

She wanted to see what choice Zhai Chenming would make this time.

Would it be the same as before?

Regardless, she had already decided that she wouldn't reveal the secrets of this world to him or continue taking care of them all the way.

Adventures had to be experienced personally.

That was what made them exciting, wasn't it?

System: As long as Host is happy. Even if she slit Zhai Chenming's throat on the spot, he wouldn't object.

Tang Guo spent her time browsing through various shops and picking out beautiful dresses.

Finally, she used a fitting room to change out of her qipao and into a black tulle dress with a fluffy skirt.

She didn't replace the carved wooden folding fan in her hand, however.

It wasn't merely an accessory—it was also her weapon.

And surprisingly, the fan paired beautifully with the black dress.

Wearing high heels and her black dress, Tang Guo stepped out of the shop. Just as she was about to turn the corner, someone blocked her path.

She gently raised her chin, her beautiful eyes gliding across the man's face before her lips curved into a smile.

“Handsome, you're blocking my way.”

“I'm looking for you.”

System: Are the men of the Rubik's Cube World all this straightforward? Not even a hint of tact. What if they scare away pretty girls?

“What do you want with me?”

“Let's talk somewhere else.”

Before Tang Guo could react, everything around her changed.

She found herself inside a room.

Casually finding a seat, she poured herself a cup of tea.

“Instead of staying in your own territory, you've come looking for me. You really are idle. So tell me, what do you want?”

The man walked over and sat beside her.

His attire was rather old-fashioned, and his hair was tied up, making him look very much like someone from ancient times.

His eyes settled on Tang Guo's face.

His sword-like brows knitted slightly together as he said,

“Actually, I don't know either. I just sensed that you were here, so I came.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1