Chapter 1189: The River God’s Bride 24

Hearing Tang Wan’s words, a trace of hesitation appeared on Yuexiang’s face, her fingers unconsciously tightening as she struggled inwardly. “Wanwan… am I really… good enough?” she asked softly. “Lord Feng said he wants me to marry him, but… I haven’t thought it through yet…”

Seeing her uncertainty, Tang Wan reached out and held her hand firmly, her voice steady and reassuring. “Of course you are. As long as you and Lord Feng are happy, that’s all that matters. And in the future, with him by your side, no one will dare bully you again. But you must remember this—if someone wrongs you, you can’t keep everything bottled up inside. You have to tell him. You’re too kind, too willing to endure things quietly.”

Her words carried both warmth and firmness, and slowly, Yuexiang’s wavering confidence began to steady. After a moment of silence, she nodded. “Mm… I’ll think about it.”

Then, as if something suddenly came to mind, Yuexiang looked at her curiously. “By the way… how is Master He treating you? What does he look like?”

The moment those words fell, the small frog hidden quietly in the corner instantly became alert, its body stiffening as though it had grown invisible ears, listening intently to every word.

Tang Wan noticed this without showing it, and a faint smile curved her lips as she spoke, her tone filled with ease and quiet happiness. “Tongtong treats me very well. He stays with me every day, accompanies me while I eat and walk around, and always speaks gently to me. Today, even though he was clearly worried that I might run away, he still sent me back here.” She paused briefly before continuing, her eyes softening. “And as for how he looks… my Tongtong is very handsome. Even if someone offered me a prince or a noble minister in exchange, I wouldn’t trade him.”

Yuexiang’s eyes lit up at her words, relief and joy mixing together. “Really? He treats you that well?” she asked, clearly reassured. “Then I don’t have to worry anymore.”

“Mm,” Tang Wan nodded with a smile. “Maybe I’ll even come ashore to visit you again in the future… as long as you’re still here.”

Yuexiang couldn’t help but smile shyly in response. “I will be.”

Meanwhile, in the corner, the small frog that had been listening quietly seemed to tremble slightly before suddenly rolling on the ground in silent excitement.

She said that to her friend… which meant she truly meant it.

She wasn’t lying to him.

A wave of joy surged through Bingtong’s heart, so overwhelming that it almost felt as though it might burst.

“Ding! Bingtong’s favorability +10. Current favorability: 89!”

Ignoring the system’s chatter, Tang Wan turned back to Yuexiang and said gently, “By the way, when you see Feng Lun tomorrow, tell him I’m safe and that he doesn’t need to look for me anymore. I chose to stay with Tongtong willingly.”

“Alright,” Yuexiang agreed immediately.

Seeing this, Tang Wan nodded in satisfaction before continuing, “It’s getting late. I should go back now. And… aside from Feng Lun, don’t tell anyone about this—not even my parents. Let them believe that I’ve… already passed away.”

Yuexiang hesitated for a moment but ultimately nodded. “I understand.”

Tang Wan smiled faintly, then added softly, “Take care of yourself from now on. And remember—you are worthy of anyone. No matter who the other person is, don’t ever look down on yourself.”

As she spoke, she took out the small conch shell Bingtong had given her and placed it in Yuexiang’s hands. “This was given to me by Tongtong. I’m leaving it with you. If you ever find yourself in danger or facing something you can’t handle, use it to call for help. But don’t let anyone else know what it does. Treat it as your last safeguard, understand?”

Yuexiang held the shell carefully, her eyes widening slightly before she nodded with determination. “I understand. Thank you, Wanwan.”

Tang Wan gave her one last reassuring look before turning to leave, her steps light yet purposeful as she disappeared into the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1