Chapter 1178: The River God’s Bride 13

“That’s good,” Tang Wan said with a light, relieved tone, her expression easing as she looked at him. “I was worried that you married me just to have children for you.”

Hearing this, Bingtong immediately shook his head, his reaction swift and earnest. “Of course not! I only wanted to marry a wife. My lady, you are the most important.”

“Mm, I understand now,” Tang Wan replied, nodding as a faint smile appeared on her lips.

Only then did Bingtong seem to relax, though his gaze instinctively drifted toward her abdomen once more, as if still harboring a lingering expectation. “But… I still feel like you might already have it,” he added hesitantly.

Tang Wan fell silent for a brief moment, feeling a trace of helplessness rise within her. It seemed that despite everything, he had not entirely let go of the idea. She sighed inwardly before looking at him again, her tone carrying a gentle firmness. “Tongtong, I’m human and you’re a demon. The chances of me becoming pregnant are already very low. And you’re expecting results after just one night? Aren’t you being a little too impatient?”

Bingtong paused, then nodded in sudden realization. “You’re right… I was too anxious. I didn’t think it through.”

Seeing this, Tang Wan softened her tone slightly and added, “So when it comes to children, we should just let things happen naturally.”

“Mm!” Bingtong agreed immediately, nodding without hesitation.

Not long after, the little demon who had been sent to the town returned. He carried a food container in his hands, but his expression was visibly uneasy, his steps hurried as though something had unsettled him.

Bingtong first opened the container and placed the food before Tang Wan, urging her to eat, before stepping outside to address the subordinate. “What is it?” he asked calmly. “Did something happen?”

The little demon quickly bowed and replied, his voice tinged with nervousness. “Reporting to Master He, when I went to the town, I heard that Governor Feng has arrived. It seems he has learned about the villagers offering a bride to you for blessings. I’m afraid he may soon invite Taoist masters or others to come deal with us.”

At these words, Bingtong remained completely unruffled. His expression did not change as he replied with quiet confidence, “Is that all? What is there to be afraid of? No matter how capable they are, can they reach the He Bo Palace? Besides, I am not merely a demon—I am the River God of this domain. They cannot do anything to me.”

The little demon seemed reassured by his calm demeanor, though he still nodded cautiously.

“Go on,” Bingtong continued. “But from now on, be more careful when going to the town. Don’t let the humans notice anything.”

“Yes, Master He. Please rest assured, I will be careful,” the little demon replied quickly before taking his leave.

Only then did Bingtong turn and return to the room.

Inside, Tang Wan was already eating with clear satisfaction. The moment she saw him enter, she looked up with a bright expression and said, “Tongtong, come and try some too.”

Bingtong shook his head. “I’ve already eaten.”

“It’s fine, just have a taste,” Tang Wan insisted. Without waiting for his response, she tore off a chicken leg and placed it into his hand, nudging it toward him.

Unable to refuse, Bingtong took a bite. The moment the cooked meat touched his tongue, his eyes widened in surprise. “This… this is delicious,” he said, clearly taken aback by the flavor.

“Of course it is,” Tang Wan replied with a small smile. “Cooked food always tastes better than raw meat. Otherwise, why would humans go to such lengths to prepare it?”

Though Bingtong had already eaten once, his nature as a demon meant that his appetite was far from limited. As Tang Wan gradually finished her meal, he continued eating until not a single dish remained.

Afterward, he looked at her with a thoughtful expression and said, “From now on, I’ll eat cooked food with you as well.”

Tang Wan nodded. “That’s good. But if we have to send someone out to the town every day just to buy food, won’t that be troublesome?” she asked, her tone casual, though her gaze carried a hint of quiet calculation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1