Chapter 1136: Ruthless CEO 26

“Where and where? Talents like you are exactly what every company competes for. It’s our honor to hire you.” Minister Li smiled warmly.

“You’re flattering me too much.” Tang Wan smiled and signed the contract.

Only after she signed did Minister Li finally relax. “Alright, this is settled.”

He closed the folder. “Let me take you to your future working environment.”

“Okay.” Tang Wan nodded.

As they walked toward the president’s office area, her guess gradually became clear. When she saw the independent workstation placed less than five meters from the CEO’s desk, she couldn’t help but silently twitch her lips.

So this was “new hire treatment”?

Minister Li quickly explained, as if afraid she would misunderstand. “Our president is a workaholic. This arrangement is for efficient communication, easier consultation, and preventing delays in decision-making. It also helps protect company confidentiality.”

Tang Wan blinked. “I understand. Thank you. I’ll do my best.”

Minister Li nodded in satisfaction. “The president will arrive in five minutes. You can wait here.”

“Alright, thank you.”

After he left, Tang Wan calmly sat down.

Four minutes later, footsteps approached.

The office door opened.

Li Shuangtong and his secretary walked in.

Hearing the sound, Tang Wan immediately stood up and looked at him in surprise. “Mr. Li? It’s you?”

The secretary tactfully excused himself and left.

Now only the two of them remained.

Li Shuangtong’s tone softened slightly. “Surprised?”

“Of course.” Tang Wan smiled. “LS Group’s president has always been mysterious. I didn’t expect it to be you.”

Seeing her smile, Li Shuangtong’s eyes softened slightly, though his expression remained calm. “I didn’t expect the new CEO hired by HR… to be you.”

Tang Wan tilted her head. “So this is fate?”

Li Shuangtong’s lips curved faintly. “You could say that.”

The two smiled at each other.

Tang Wan extended her hand. “Then… happy cooperation, Mr. Li.”

Li Shuangtong shook her hand. “Happy cooperation.”

In his mind, however, another thought quietly surfaced:
This is cooperation at work… but later, it will be cooperation in another sense.

Hopefully, they will both be very satisfied.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father