Chapter 1127: Ruthless CEO 17
Li Shuangtong nodded slightly. “It’s a coincidence. Your neck—is it better now?”
His gaze briefly fell on the scarf wrapped around Tang Wan’s neck, which immediately drew subtle attention from nearby guests.
Tang Wan stepped forward gracefully and smiled gently. “Much better. Thank you for your concern, Mr. Li.”
She tilted her head slightly, her tone soft and polite. “Are you going for dinner? You helped me last time, and I didn’t even have the chance to thank you properly.”
Her eyes curved faintly.
“Why don’t we take this opportunity today? Let me treat you to a meal.”
Li Shuangtong paused, then glanced at his secretary.
The secretary immediately understood and stepped forward with a polite smile toward the business partners. “Sorry, Mr. Li has some personal matters to attend to. Please go ahead.”
The group quickly nodded and left tactfully.
After everyone left, Li Shuangtong turned back. “Alright.”
Tang Wan blinked. “Did I disturb your work?”
“It’s fine,” Li Shuangtong replied calmly. “The contract is already signed.”
Tang Wan smiled. “Then let’s go. The Cantonese restaurant upstairs here is quite good.”
Li Shuangtong’s lips curved slightly. “Really? Then I’ll have to try it.”
The two walked toward the top-floor restaurant together.
—
At the elevator entrance, Li Shuang had been waiting deliberately, intending to create an opportunity to meet Li Shuangtong again.
But the moment she saw him walking side by side with Tang Wan, her expression froze.
So fast?
They were already together?
She had been trying so hard to find a chance, yet Tang Wan could casually walk beside him like this?
She quickly steadied herself and stepped forward with a practiced smile.
“Sister-in-law!”
She moved closer, pretending to be pleasantly surprised. “You’re eating here too?”
Tang Wan glanced at her calmly.
“I already said it,” she replied lightly. “I’ve divorced your brother. You don’t need to call me that anymore.”
Li Shuang immediately put on an awkward expression. “I’m just not used to it yet…”
Then she turned to Li Shuangtong, feigning curiosity.
“Mr. Li, are you two having dinner together? Or… should I join you?”
“If my brother finds out you’re having dinner alone with another man, he might misunderstand.”
“I can help explain.”
Tang Wan’s expression cooled slightly.
“No need.”
“I’m only having dinner with Mr. Li.”
“If you’re hungry, there are plenty of restaurants here. You can choose one yourself.”
“I don’t need company.”
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸