Chapter 1098: Iceberg Doctor 47
The next day, Tang Wan was still asleep when Li Sitong had already gotten up early to prepare breakfast. He used the spare key to open her door, walked in quietly, and placed the breakfast on the dining table. After that, he went to the bedroom door, gently turned the doorknob, and pushed it open. Tang Wan was still sleeping soundly.
Li Sitong didn’t wake her. Instead, he
walked to the bedside and sat down, quietly looking at her sleeping face. He
had never really been interested in relationships before, nor had he considered
marriage, but ever since meeting her, his attention always seemed to drift
toward her without control.
At that moment, Little Cutie’s voice rang
in Tang Wan’s mind: “Host, wake up, your husband is here!”
Tang Wan frowned slightly in her sleep.
“Hmm… Tongtong?”
She slowly opened her eyes, and Li Sitong
immediately leaned forward slightly. “Wan Wan, you’re awake?”
Seeing him, Tang Wan sat up. “Tongtong,
you’re here?”
“Yes,” he said gently. “How are you
feeling? I made breakfast. Can you get up to eat?”
“Okay,” Tang Wan nodded obediently. “Thank
you for your trouble.”
“I’ll help you to the bathroom,” Li Sitong
said, and Tang Wan didn’t refuse.
He supported her arm and helped her stand.
After taking a couple of steps, her ankle still hurt slightly, and she looked
at him weakly. Without hesitation, Li Sitong bent down and lifted her sideways.
Tang Wan’s lips curved slightly in
satisfaction.
He carried her into the bathroom, squeezed
toothpaste for her, and placed a small stool nearby so she could rest her
injured foot. “I’ll go out first. Call me if you need anything,” he said.
“Okay,” Tang Wan replied.
After he left, she finished washing up. Ten
minutes later, she called out, “Tongtong, I’m done!”
“I’m coming,” he replied immediately,
walking in and carrying her to the sofa.
“Eat,” he said. “I made chicken porridge.”
“Wow, Tongtong, you’re really good at
cooking,” Tang Wan praised, happily starting to eat.
After breakfast, Li Sitong stood up. “I’m
going to work. Can you stay at home alone? If there’s no emergency surgery at
noon, I’ll come back to cook for you.”
“I can manage,” Tang Wan said quickly.
“You’re already busy. Don’t come back at noon and tire yourself out. I’ll order
takeaway.”
Li Sitong shook his head. “Takeaway isn’t
good. I can come back in fifteen minutes. If something happens at home, I won’t
be able to focus at work.”
Tang Wan looked at him and softened. “Okay
then… but don’t overwork yourself.”
“It’s fine,” Li Sitong said calmly. “I’m a man. I can handle it.”
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ