Chapter 1095: Iceberg Doctor 44
“Mm, I really feel better now,” Tang Wan said quickly.
After Li Sitong stood up, she looked at him gratefully. “Doctor Li, I really don’t know how to thank you.”
Then she added casually, as if joking, “If you weren’t an unmarriageist, I would’ve wanted to date you already.”
Li Sitong’s heart skipped slightly.
Is she confessing?
But he quickly calmed down. She had always been unpredictable—was this gratitude, or something else? If he took it seriously too early, it might just be embarrassing.
He smiled faintly. “Really? Then remember what you said. If I ever change my mind about marriage, I’ll come find you.”
Tang Wan blinked, immediately catching on and following smoothly. “Okay! Then I won’t date anyone else for now. I’ll wait until Doctor Li changes his mind.”
Li Sitong paused. “What if I never change my mind?”
Tang Wan replied without hesitation, “Then I won’t get married at all.”
That answer made Li Sitong’s heartbeat accelerate slightly. “Why?”
Tang Wan leaned back slightly, speaking casually, “It’s simple. I don’t really have family anyway, and I don’t care much about marriage. But if Doctor Li is always next door, I’ll feel safe. Even if I don’t get married, I’ll still live well.”
Then she added softly, “After all, Doctor Li makes people feel very secure. Being neighbors with you already feels reassuring.”
Li Sitong: “…”
But is it really just that?
Her expression earlier clearly wasn’t just casual.
He hesitated, then suddenly asked, “What if I don’t want to be your neighbor anymore?”
Tang Wan froze. “Huh?”
Why would he suddenly say that?
Was she pushing too far?
Seeing her slightly panicked reaction, Li Sitong finally stopped probing and instead lowered his gaze.
“If I change my mind and decide not to stay unmarried anymore,” he said slowly, “would you want to date me?”
Tang Wan’s brain short-circuited for a second.
Little Cutie’s voice immediately urged in her mind: “Host, say yes!”
She snapped back to reality. “Of course I would!”
After getting her answer, Li Sitong’s lips curved slightly.
“Then from now on,” he said calmly, “we’re boyfriend and girlfriend.”
“Ah?!” Tang Wan blinked in shock.
Li Sitong raised his brows slightly. “What? You don’t want to?”
“No, no! I do!” Tang Wan replied quickly.
Inside, she was already cheering silently.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸