Chapter 1093: Iceberg Doctor 42

Seeing her turning back step by step, clearly reluctant to leave, Li Sitong’s lips curled slightly. After a pause, he asked casually, “By the way, I’m going for a night run later. Do you want to come with me?”

As soon as he said this, Tang Wan’s eyes lit up immediately. “Okay! I’ve been in poor health recently anyway, so I can just exercise with you, Dr. Li. I’ll go change into sportswear first!”

“Mm, go ahead,” Li Sitong replied, watching her brighten up so quickly. Somehow, his mood also lifted.

After returning home, Tang Wan quickly changed into her sportswear, tied up her hair, and ran out again. Ten minutes later, Li Sitong finished preparing and knocked on her door.

“Tang Wan, are you ready? We’re going downstairs.”

“I’m ready!” she responded immediately, opening the door.

Li Sitong’s gaze swept over her ponytail and relaxed sports outfit. She looked youthful and energetic, and he nodded slightly. “Let’s go.”

“Okay!”

Downstairs, the two began running along the road beside the community.

While running, Tang Wan chatted with him between breaths. “Doctor Li, do you run every night? I used to run too, but I always gave up quickly because I had no one to accompany me.”

“Mm,” Li Sitong replied calmly. “Doctors need good physical stamina. I exercise regularly. Sometimes surgeries last hours, so endurance matters.”

“Wow, Doctor Li, you’re so responsible. Patients must be really lucky to have you,” Tang Wan immediately praised him.

Li Sitong: “…”

Even though he felt a bit speechless, the corners of his lips still lifted slightly. He didn’t even try to suppress the faint satisfaction in his chest. Because it was night, he didn’t worry about her noticing his expression.

After running about a kilometer, Tang Wan started to breathe heavily. Li Sitong, on the other hand, remained steady and unbothered. Seeing her slowing down, he said, “Close your mouth when breathing. Keep your rhythm steady and follow me slowly.”

“Mm…” Tang Wan obediently adjusted her breathing. After a while, her condition improved a bit.

At that moment, Little Cutie suddenly spoke in her mind: “Host, there’s a stone five meters ahead. Please avoid it.”

As soon as the warning came, Tang Wan’s mind subconsciously reacted. She stepped directly onto the stone.

“Ah!”

Her body tilted instantly, and she fell straight into Li Sitong’s arms. Li Sitong immediately supported her, steadying her. “What happened?”

“Hiss… Doctor Li, I stepped on something. My foot hurts…” Tang Wan winced, tears already gathering in her eyes. She thought bitterly: this is self-inflicted punishment… this is way more painful than pretending to be injured before.

Li Sitong frowned slightly. He lowered his head and saw the stone under the streetlight. Without hesitation, he kicked it into the nearby grass, then supported her more firmly. “I’ll help you sit by the roadside. Bear with it for a moment.”

“Mm…” Tang Wan nodded, holding back tears as he guided her to the side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father