Chapter 1092: Iceberg Doctor 41

After taking a shower, Tang Wan immediately felt much more refreshed. But thinking that she would be having dinner at Li Sitong’s place later, she still went into her cloakroom and carefully picked out a simple black long dress after some thought.

The dress had thin suspenders and a clean, cool design, but it perfectly highlighted her figure while also matching her gentle and soft temperament. After changing, she even carefully applied a slightly bold lipstick, making her look both elegant and a little alluring.

After confirming that this was exactly the style “Tongtong” would like, she slipped on her slippers and walked over to Li Sitong’s apartment.

Although his door wasn’t closed, Tang Wan still knocked lightly. “Doctor Li, I’m here.”

Li Sitong subconsciously poked his head out from the kitchen. The moment he saw her, his movements paused for a second. His gaze lingered on her for a brief moment before he said, “Come in… and sit on the sofa. Two more dishes and I’ll be done.”

“Mm,” Tang Wan replied with a slightly shy expression and walked gracefully to the sofa.

Li Sitong said she could sit and wait, but his eyes kept drifting toward her from the kitchen through the glass door. Only after she sat down and turned her attention away did he force himself to look back at the stove, pretending to focus on cooking.

But his heartbeat had already quickened.

This little fairy… is just here for a meal, why does she dress like this…?

It’s way too distracting.

He felt like something was slowly sinking in.


There was a cabinet mirror in the kitchen that reflected the living room. While cooking, Li Sitong couldn’t help glancing up at it from time to time.

In the reflection, Tang Wan wasn’t watching TV at all. Instead, she was looking toward the kitchen with a faint smile, as if she was completely focused on him.

For a moment, Li Sitong’s fingers tightened slightly.

She’s looking at me.

That realization made his heartbeat accelerate even more.

And the way she smiled—soft, light, slightly playful—made it impossible to tell what she was thinking.

But somehow, he felt unusually satisfied.


Ten minutes later, the food was ready.

In just half an hour, Li Sitong had prepared four dishes and a soup with impressive efficiency. After placing a bowl of seaweed egg drop soup in front of her, he said calmly, “Eat. Don’t be polite.”

“Thank you, Doctor Li. I didn’t expect your cooking to be this good. I’m really lucky today!” Tang Wan praised him sincerely.

Li Sitong curled his lips slightly.

He had heard plenty of compliments before, but somehow, hers felt different—more natural, more pleasing.

And strangely… it made him unusually happy.

After the meal, Tang Wan gave him a thumbs-up again. “Doctor Li, you’re amazing. It’s really delicious and suits my taste perfectly.”

“That’s good,” he replied.

She then stood up. “Should I wash the dishes? I feel a bit embarrassed just eating and leaving.”

“It’s fine,” Li Sitong said immediately. “Go back and rest early. I’ll handle it.”

Tang Wan looked at him reluctantly and finally nodded. “Okay then… I’ll head back.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1