Chapter 1091: Iceberg Doctor 40
Hearing Li Sitong’s teasing, Tang Wan quickly lifted her head and said a little flustered, “Oh… I understand!” Then she avoided his gaze and quietly started drinking her porridge.
Li Sitong couldn’t help but curve his lips slightly. He had originally thought that someone who could casually date multiple men at the same time would be bold and confident, but unexpectedly she was this easily embarrassed.
After lunch, Li Sitong sent her back to the ward and said, “You rest here for now. When I get off work, I’ll send you home again.” Tang Wan immediately nodded, “Okay!” “Mm,” he replied before leaving.
After he left, Tang Wan lay down and took a nap. Even though the fever had subsided, her body was still a little weak, so resting was necessary. When she woke up, she continued playing games. During that time, a few nurses came by out of curiosity to see what “Doctor Li’s girlfriend” looked like, but Tang Wan simply pretended not to notice.
By the time work ended, Li Sitong finished surgery and came to pick her up. “Doctor Li, you’re off work?” Tang Wan asked with expectation. “Mm,” he replied. “Let’s go, I’ll take you back.” “Okay!” she said quickly and put on her shoes.
At the parking garage, Li Sitong had already prepared the car. After they got in, they drove back to the residential complex. On the way, Li Sitong asked casually, “How are you feeling? What do you want to eat tonight?” Tang Wan replied immediately, “I’m much better now. Just order takeout… I’m fine with anything.”
Originally, she had considered cooking herself to “repay” him, but now that she knew his situation, she naturally abandoned that idea. Cooking was unnecessary torture for his stomach. Better to order takeout.
Li Sitong clearly disagreed. “Eating takeout all the time isn’t good for your health.” Tang Wan blinked innocently. “But I don’t know how to cook.” He glanced at her. “Then I’ll cook.”
“Wow!” Tang Wan immediately looked at him with admiration. “Doctor Li, you can cook too? Whoever becomes your girlfriend in the future will be really lucky.” “Thank you,” he replied lightly, though his tone carried a faint sense of acceptance.
Half an hour later, they arrived home. Since both apartments were on the same floor and already familiar with each other, Li Sitong simply opened the door and said, “I’ll go start cooking. You sort yourself out.” “Okay! I’ll go take a shower first,” Tang Wan replied.
She returned to her apartment, closed the door, and let out a long breath. Then she casually began removing her clothes, feeling the sticky sweat from the fever finally becoming unbearable.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸