Chapter 1080: Iceberg Doctor 29

Tang Wan smiled lightly and said, “Yes, but who would’ve thought we’d be so fated. We didn’t have any connection before, but now we actually know each other.”

“Mm, it is quite fated,” Li Sitong replied.

Tang Wan took another sip of tea, then casually asked, “By the way, I’ll ask a bit bluntly—Doctor Li, do you have a girlfriend? Coming out for dinner with me alone… won’t your girlfriend get angry?”

At that moment, Li Sitong’s gaze slightly shifted.

Here it comes.

He looked at her calmly. Was she finally starting to probe his personal life?

Interesting.

He wanted to see what this little liar was planning.

“No,” he said casually. “Medical work is very busy. There’s no time for relationships.”

Tang Wan’s eyes instantly brightened for a split second, a flash of joy quickly appearing before she deliberately suppressed it.

“Oh… I see,” she said, pretending to be calm. “But don’t worry, Doctor Li, you’re so good—you won’t have trouble finding a girlfriend.”

Li Sitong naturally noticed the fleeting joy in her expression the moment she heard he was single. The corners of his lips lifted slightly.

“I’ll borrow your good words,” he replied.

Tang Wan immediately seized the opportunity and asked, “Then what kind of girl do you like? I know quite a few excellent single girls. I could introduce someone to you.”

As she spoke, she watched him carefully.

Li Sitong’s expression remained indifferent, but his eyes darkened slightly with amusement.

“Oh,” he said slowly, “I’m actually a non-marriage type. Just introduce a girlfriend? No need.”

Tang Wan: “???”

What did he just say?

Non-marriage?

Excuse me??

In the original plot, Li Sitong was not supposed to be like this at all.

Tang Wan stared at him in disbelief for a moment. “No… seriously?”

Li Sitong nodded calmly. “Marriage is troublesome. I don’t have any interest in it.”

Tang Wan: …

What kind of nonsense development is this?!

Even Little Cutie froze for a second before quickly reporting in excitement.

“Host! The villain’s favorability increased by +5! Current value: 45!”

Tang Wan paused.

“…It increased?”

“Yes!” Little Cutie confirmed.

Only then did Tang Wan quietly relax her clenched fingers.

Good. At least the system wasn’t broken.

So this guy… said he doesn’t want to get married, but his favorability still went up.

She sighed lightly and looked at Li Sitong with a slightly disappointed expression. “Alright then… I didn’t expect you to be a non-marriage type. But everyone has their own choice. It’s not bad if you don’t want to get married.”

“Really? You think so?” Li Sitong asked immediately.

Tang Wan nodded, though her expression looked a little regretful. “Mm… it’s just a pity.”

“A pity?” he repeated.

“Yes,” she said sincerely. “You’re such a good person. It would be a shame to stay single.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father