Chapter 1078: Iceberg Doctor 27

With a deliberately unhappy expression, Tang Wan asked the waiter, “Is there no other private room? Or can we wait a bit? I don’t want this one.”

Li Sitong looked at her. “Why? You don’t like this room?”

Tang Wan immediately pouted. “It’s nothing… I just had a breakup meal here two days ago with my ex-boyfriend. He was actually quite rich, but I still tested him a bit. I deliberately made him pay for everything, and he couldn’t even last an hour.”

She sneered lightly. “Anyway, men who can’t spend money on me aren’t rare.”

Her intention was clear—she was deliberately telling Li Sitong that although she had dated Li Sihao, she wasn’t a gold-digger as he might assume. Instead, she was testing sincerity.

Li Sitong naturally understood who she was referring to.

The corners of his mouth twitched slightly.

As expected, it was exactly like he thought.

She really liked playing these “tests.”

He glanced at her. “If you keep doing this, I’m afraid not many men will pass your standards.”

Tang Wan nodded without hesitation. “Of course I know. But love is rare—you have to test it. Otherwise, how do you know if it’s real? Those who can’t pass don’t deserve me.”

Li Sitong raised his eyebrows slightly. “Pretending to have cancer is also part of your ‘test’?”

That level of testing was already beyond normal boundaries.

Tang Wan paused for half a second, then said calmly, “Is it? A normal boyfriend would at least take his girlfriend to the hospital to check properly, right? If he shows even a little concern, I would tell him the truth.”

Then she added casually, “But if he doesn’t care at all, that just means he doesn’t love me.”

Li Sitong looked at her. “And you?”

“What about me?” Tang Wan tilted her head.

“Do you love them?” he asked.

That question made her pause slightly. She tapped her chin thoughtfully, then smiled. “Honestly? No. At least until they pass my test, I won’t love anyone first.”

Then she added with a relaxed expression, “Actually, it’s good I do this. Otherwise, who knows if I met a person or a dog?”

For a brief moment, Li Sitong felt a strange sense of ease.

So she never loved any of them.

But the next second, he said calmly, “You won’t find love like this. If you keep doing this, you’ll probably never meet someone who truly satisfies you.”

Tang Wan looked at him, resting her chin on her hand. “Really? I don’t think so.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1