Chapter 1051: Doomsday Big Boss (End)
When the city gate was suddenly opened, everyone at the base froze in shock.
For a moment, no one even reacted.
But Hu Tongxia snapped out of it almost instantly. His face darkened as rage surged through him.
“I’ll block the zombies at the gate!” he shouted. “Everyone else—keep attacking!”
Inside, he was already cursing Xu Jintang to death.
Damn it! I should’ve never let that guy in! Is he trying to kill everyone?!
Without hesitation, Hu Tongxia rushed toward the gate.
Tang Wan instinctively wanted to follow him, but she stopped herself.
The task had already been completed.
And based on past experience… once the mission ended, they would often die together.
If she stayed back this time—
maybe he would be safe.
Suppressing the urge, she stayed where she was.
Meanwhile, Hu Tongxia faced the overwhelming tide of zombies pouring through the gate.
Even though he had always avoided revealing his secret—
he had no choice now.
With a single command in his mind, the zombies that had been charging forward suddenly turned chaotic, retreating like a swarm of headless flies back toward the gate.
Seizing the moment, Hu Tongxia slammed the gate shut again.
From afar, Tang Wan let out a quiet breath of relief.
See? If I don’t go over… he’ll be fine.
But the next second—
she couldn’t hold back anymore.
Sliding down the wall using a vine, she hurried toward him.
“Tong Tong, are you alri—”
Before she could even finish her sentence—
a high-voltage electric wire, originally meant to repel zombies, suddenly snapped and lashed violently toward her back.
Hu Tongxia’s expression changed drastically.
He lunged forward and grabbed her arm instinctively—
But in doing so, both of them were struck by the current.
Everything went black.
Tang Wan: …
Damn it.
I knew I shouldn’t have come down!
Why is this kind of accident always so sudden?!
—
When Tang Wan opened her eyes again, she was already back in the familiar pure white space.
This time, she completely lost it.
“Are you kidding me?!” she snapped, venting her frustration.
Little Cutie, seeing her like this, quickly reported the situation to the main system before carefully stepping closer.
“Host… don’t be angry. Didn’t you say you were used to this already?”
Tang Wan shot back immediately, teeth clenched. “I’m not used to it now, can’t I?!”
No matter how many times it happened—
this kind of ending was impossible to get used to.
Seeing her still fuming, Little Cutie hurriedly tried to cheer her up.
“Then… how about I transform for you?”
Before Tang Wan could respond, Little Cutie had already turned into an adorable little lolita.
The sudden change made Tang Wan pause—
then laugh despite herself.
“Oh? You even know how to coax me now?” she said, reaching out to pinch Little Cutie’s cheek.
“It’s my duty to make the host happy!” Little Cutie replied seriously.
That finally eased Tang Wan’s mood.
“Alright, enough messing around,” she said, exhaling. “Prepare to enter the next world.”
“Yes, host!”
Seeing that her mood had stabilized, Little Cutie quickly removed her emotional carryover, completed the settlement, and sent her into the next mission world.
—
At the same time, outside the pure white space—
“Master, Miss Tang seems very dissatisfied with the way she dies every time,” the young boy reported carefully.
The man sighed helplessly.
“I can’t control it yet,” he said. “Once my soul stabilizes further, I’ll be able to withstand this level of… intensity.”
Even as he spoke, the corners of his lips curved upward, as if carrying a quiet, indulgent sweetness.
The boy: …
A ten-thousand-year-old ‘C’ level single really is terrifying.
Just being together in an illusory world is enough to make him this happy?
If others saw this, they’d laugh their heads off.
But—
as long as his master was happy, nothing else mattered.
The next moment, after Tang Wan entered the new mission world—
the man was immediately sent after her.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ