Chapter 1031: Doomsday Big Boss 35

Hearing Hu Tongxia’s words, Tang Wan smiled faintly. “It’s fine. Being with you makes me feel safer.”

The moment she said that, Hu Tongxia’s heart skipped a beat. His eyes lit up as he looked at her. “Really?”

“Of course.” Tang Wan nodded.

Then she tilted her head slightly and asked, “By the way, Tongtong, how did you kill Zhou Tao? I didn’t even see what you did.”

Seizing the chance, Hu Tongxia quickly scooted closer and sat beside her. At the same time, he summoned his ability.

“I didn’t fully understand it at first,” he said, lowering his voice. “But at that moment, I suddenly felt like my power could enter his body… so I just tried it.”

A faint black aura gathered in his palm.

The next second, he guided a wisp of it to lightly wrap around Tang Wan’s fingertips. “How does it feel?”

Tang Wan focused for a moment, then said, “A bit cold.”

“Exactly.” Hu Tongxia nodded. “To be honest, I still don’t know what category my ability belongs to. I’ve never seen anything like it. But when I fought Zhou Tao, I suddenly understood something about it.”

He leaned closer as he spoke, his voice dropping lower.

Tang Wan raised her eyes to look at him—only to find his face inching nearer and nearer.

For a split second, Hu Tongxia’s gaze flickered. Then, before he could think too much, he blurted out, “Kiss me, and I’ll tell you.”

Tang Wan: …

She paused, then looked at him with a hint of anticipation. After a moment, she nodded shyly, closed her eyes, and leaned in.

Hu Tongxia’s heartbeat instantly sped up.

He had only said it casually—but he hadn’t expected her to actually agree.

If he backed out now, he’d be an idiot.

Without hesitation, he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer against the sofa.

After a while, the two separated slightly, both of them flushed, their eyes bright.

Tang Wan looked at him and said softly, “Now can you tell me?”

Hu Tongxia tightened his arms around her, clearly unwilling to let go, but still nodded. “Of course.”

He leaned close to her ear, his voice low and intimate. “My ability… it’s a bit like those ghosts in horror movies—cold, invasive. It can slip into a person’s body without them noticing. Zhou Tao… his heart was already invaded before he realized it. That’s why he died so suddenly.”

Tang Wan listened, feeling a bit amused inside, but she still showed a look of surprise.

“So that’s how it is,” she said. “Tongtong, your ability is really special.”

Hu Tongxia immediately nodded. “I think so too. And right now, you’re the only one who knows about it.”

Tang Wan didn’t expect that. She quickly said, “Don’t worry, I’ll keep it a secret. This is your trump card.”

Hearing that, Hu Tongxia’s expression softened.

“Mm,” he said quietly. “That way… even in this apocalypse, I can protect you.”

Without strength, it would be impossible to protect someone like her in a world where order had already collapsed.

But now—

he finally had the confidence to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1