Chapter 999: Beautiful Girl (44)
Hearing that the girl above was still willing to communicate with them, the rescue workers were naturally delighted.
Watching them exchange glances and secretly prepare to climb up and drag her down, Tang Guo found them rather adorable.
“First of all, I'd like to make one thing clear—I have no intention of jumping off this building. As for why I'm here, it's because I believe that standing higher makes it easier for people to notice me.”
“In your eyes, I'm that bad girl who seduced boys and was kept by rich men. If I stood at the same level as all of you, you'd probably drown me in your spit while attacking me.”
“So I chose this place. Today, I intend to say everything I want to say.”
Looking at the rescue team members, she smiled and said, “I've really troubled you. You don't need to secretly drag me down.”
“I'm seventeen years old. I'm ranked first in my grade. I have a decent appearance and, you could say, many good qualities. I have a mother who loves me, and my future is bright.”
“So why would I choose to end my life?”
As if to prove her point, she drew her legs back onto the rooftop.
“There. Feel relieved now? If possible, I'd like you to stay and listen until I'm finished.”
“Of course, if you're not interested, you can leave. But… someone will come looking for you in a few days. I think it's better if you stay and listen.”
Seeing that Tang Guo had indeed moved away from the edge and clearly had no intention of committing suicide, the rescue team quickly conferred among themselves.
Preparations still had to continue, but they also wanted to hear what she had to say.
Especially after learning that she was first in her grade, they took the matter even more seriously.
Such an outstanding child.
What could possibly have driven her onto the rooftop just to speak?
“All right, everyone's quiet now, so I'll begin.”
Chang Zhan had also made his way to her side. Seeing that she truly wasn't agitated and had no intention of jumping, he finally relaxed. She merely glanced at him before continuing with the loudspeaker.
“First, regarding the rumors at school claiming that I was kept by old men and sold myself, I hereby solemnly declare once again that I have never done those things.”
“Second, the rumors that I was kept by those two rich heirs down there are completely fabricated.”
“Third, for the school's decision to expel me without investigating the truth, simply because of complaints from parents, I will hold you accountable.”
“Fourth, to every person who has spread false rumors about me, slandered me, and verbally attacked me since the day I entered this school, I will protect my rights through legal means.”
She glanced at the dumbfounded crowd below and smiled brightly.
“Didn't understand?”
“All right, to put it simply—I'm about to sue all of you.”
The crowd stared at Tang Guo in astonishment.
This… this girl had gone crazy, hadn't she?
“And to those parents who were so excited a few days ago, I'm sorry to inform you that not only did you verbally abuse me, but you also threw things at me.”
“You're getting sued too.”
“And Teacher Chen—the one standing over there, yes, you. As a teacher, you verbally attacked your own student without any evidence and in front of the class.”
“So, you're getting sued too.”
Tang Guo took out a list from her bag—the list of people she intended to sue.
Raising her eyes, she said,
“Next, everyone whose name I call out…”
“Is someone I'm suing.”
Everyone turned pale as they stared at the eloquent girl on the rooftop.
They had thought she was about to jump.
They had merely come to watch the excitement, to enjoy the spectacle, and throw in a few comments.
Never had they imagined that simply watching, gossiping, and saying a few words would land them in court.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ