Chapter 989: Beautiful Girl (34)

 

Standing before her homeroom teacher, Tang Guo spoke with a serious expression. “Teacher, all of this is false. Wei Liang and Zuo Ran and I were originally just friends. It's nothing like the rumors.”

“If it's false, then why has this matter become such a huge commotion?” The homeroom teacher's face was full of disbelief. There had been many rumors about Tang Guo before, but because she was an outstanding student—and because two of the top five students in the entire grade happened to be in her class—the teacher had always chosen to turn a blind eye.

As long as it wasn't causing major trouble and remained merely gossip among students, and with Tang Guo frequently seen together with wealthy second-generation heirs like Wei Liang and Zuo Ran, whose backgrounds were anything but ordinary, she preferred not to interfere.

But now the school forum was overflowing with those supposedly intimate photos.

She had already received several calls from parents asking whether the rumors were true.

This was, after all, the best high school in the city.

If such matters escalated, it would severely damage the school's reputation.

Whether Tang Guo had actually done those things or not wasn't her concern. As long as nothing was publicly exposed and neither she nor the school got dragged into trouble, she didn't really care.

She was merely a homeroom teacher. As long as her students were safe and studying at school, she had fulfilled her duties.

Nowadays, every student was their family's precious treasure. She didn't dare involve herself too deeply. The more she meddled, the more likely she would make mistakes.

Take the rumors, for example. Tang Guo had never come to her seeking help. Her grades remained among the very best, and she had even ranked first in the entire grade last semester.

If the situation hadn't become so serious now, the principal wouldn't have ordered her to investigate it.

If things continued to develop this way, it wouldn't be long before parents and even reporters came knocking.

The school had always been under the public eye, and people loved making headlines out of incidents like this.

Faced with her teacher's question, Tang Guo answered calmly, “Teacher, every day I attend classes and listen carefully. After class, I do my homework. I've never had conflicts with anyone. After school, I go home, and occasionally I take part-time jobs. As for why something completely fabricated has spread so widely…” She smiled faintly. “Actually, I'm curious too. Why is everyone talking about it?”

“Ever since I entered this high school, rumors have never stopped. But I've always conducted myself with integrity. I thought if I ignored them, people would eventually lose interest. I never imagined things would escalate into this.”

The homeroom teacher frowned.

“This matter has already affected the school considerably. Some parents, after hearing about it, are demanding that we give them an explanation.”

“So, Teacher,” Tang Guo asked, her beautiful eyes fixed on the woman, “what kind of explanation do you think they deserve?”

“You called me here… is it because you're planning to help clear my name and put an end to these rumors?”

“If that's the case, I'm willing to cooperate with the investigation. I believe that with the teachers' efforts, the people responsible for spreading these lies can certainly be found, and my innocence restored.”

The homeroom teacher had never expected Tang Guo to seize the initiative and speak first.

She had been planning to question the girl herself, yet Tang Guo had immediately assumed that the school intended to investigate the rumors and clear her name.

Still, if this truly wasn't Tang Guo's fault but rather the work of students spreading malicious rumors, that would indeed be a good thing for the class.

Tang Guo's academic performance was simply too outstanding. Apart from these rumors, she had never caused any trouble.

“Tell me honestly,” the teacher asked, “you really haven't done any of those things?”

Tang Guo shook her head.

“How could I possibly do something like that?”

“To tell you the truth, Teacher, although I come from a single-parent family, my mother is an incredibly hardworking person.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1